I’m so happy to share my next video as part of my partnership with Crisco and their Heritage Kitchen campaign, a hub dedicated to all things food, family and tradition.
What better way to kick-off the Spring season than with my Delicious Blueberry Pie! It’s the perfect addition to an afternoon tea with friends or weekend family picnic.
Grab the recipe below or head on over to http://thelodown.com/cookin...
for more info!
Delicious Blueberry Pie (Crisco Vegetable Shortening Baking Stick)
Crust (crust recipe below is for one crust):
• 1/2 stick well-chilled Crisco® Butter Flavor Shortening Baking Stick
• 1.5 cups flour
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 4-8 Tbsp cold water
• 8 cups of blueberries, fresh or frozen (thawed)
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1/4 cup cornstarch
• Juice from half a lemon
• 2 tablespoons butter, chilled and cubed
• 1 egg yolk
• 1 tablespoon half and half or milk
1. Combine flour and salt into a bowl. Blend Crisco® Butter Flavor Shortening Baking Stick in using a fork or pastry cutter. Continue to mix together until the mixture is the size of small peas.
2. Sprinkle up to 8 tablespoons of ice cold water into the mixture until a dough starts to form as you combine everything together with your hands. Once dough is formed, flatten it into a disk, cover in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
3. Repeat same process as above to make the second crust.
4. Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
5. After chilling dough for 30 minutes, remove from refrigerator and place the dough on a flat surface with a bit of flour on the surface and rolling pin. Unroll the dough by rolling out from the center. Using the rolling pin, place the rolled out dough over round baking dish.
6. In a bowl, combine blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, and lemon. Add butter and use a folding motion to combine mixture.
7. Put blueberry mixture in pie crust and then add second pie crust on top with slits cut in to it (to let steam escape).
8. Crimp pie edges together and apply egg wash.
9. Place pie in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
10. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
11. After pie has chilled for 30 minutes, bake the pie at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, then turn oven down to 350 degrees and bake an additional 45 more minutes until pie filling is bubbling and thick.
12. Let cool completely before slicing.