An introduction to the SMARTsurg - SMart weArable Robotic Teleoperated Surgery - funded EU project with a goal to promote dexterity and ergonomics in soft tissue robot-assisted surgery.
The main objectives of the project are:
- To develop a dexterous, adaptable anthropomorphic surgical instrument
- To develop a framework for providing haptic feedback from the surgical instrument to the surgeon
- To develop strategies for dynamic active constraints construction and their guaranteed satisfaction
- To develop advanced cognition and perception abilities to achieve the real-time and on-the-fly reconstruction of the operation area
- To validate SMARTsurg project results in realistic scenarios involving procedures on different surgical domains
University of the West of England/ Bristol Robotics Laboratory (Coordinator)
Centre for Research and Technology Hellas/ Information Technologies Institute
Politecnico di Milano
North Bristol National Health Service Trust/ Bristol Urological Institute
University of Bristol
European Institute of Oncology
TheMIS Orthopaedic Center
HIT Hypertech Innovations
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 732515.