Try this quick, eye-catching recipe using watermelon, grilled Halloumi cheese, basil, and mint. It's the perfect light appetizer for barbecues or dinner parties.
• ¼ cup olive oil
• 1 garlic clove, chopped
• ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
• 2 tbs. fresh mint, chopped
• 6 oz. Halloumi cheese, 1/2 in. thick, cut into bite-size squares
• 1 pound watermelon, rinds removed and diced into bite-sized squares
• Fresh mint leaves for garnish
1. Preheat a grill pan or skillet over medium heat.
2. In a blender or food processor add olive oil, garlic, basil, and mint. Blend until smooth.
3. Use a food brush to brush both sides of cheese pieces with basil-mint oil. Place each piece in the hot pan and sear each side until lightly browned and crisp (about three minutes per side).
Brush each watermelon piece with the remaining basil-mint oil and a sprinkle of salt. Top each with a piece of grilled Halloumi cheese and garnish with a fresh mint leaf.
Subscribe for more food recipes!