English by Eye can help you improve reading with American Sign Language! Our videos offer research-supported learning activities central to Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL).
English by Eye is an ASL Access (nonprofit organization) project.
If you want to see more videos “Like” and “Subscribe"!
Click the notification bell to find out when a new video pops up!
Comment! Tell us what videos you would like to see!
English by Eye videos show different kinds of signing.
ASL: Trix Bruce (Deaf) and Ali Behmanesh (Deaf)
CASE: Chris Wixtrom (hearing)
Guests use their preferred communication styles
What is CASE?
Conceptually Accurate Sign English (CASE) uses English word order with ASL signs showing concepts (meanings).
Who is Chris Wixtrom?
• Founder: ASL Access (1997), a fully volunteer nonprofit organization
• Creator: English by Eye (englishbyeye) YouTube channel
• Author: Two Views of Deafness, The Deaf American, Winter 1988
• Featured: “Friends of Deaf People: Chris Wixtrom – Bringing ASL videos to the public eye” DeafLife, Feb. 2009
• M.S. Education: TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
• 35+ years teaching deaf and hearing people of all ages