Let’s dive right into our 100% real adventure!
At the end of 2004, after hundreds of tests in Augustin’s little kitchen at 26 rue Hermel, in the 18th arrondissement of Paris, we delivered the first batch of our (still warm) little shortbread to Salah, our first client AND the owner of a small neighborhood deli located… 24 rue Hermel! Our crazy Michel et Augustin adventure was born.
Today, here is what our adventure looks like, in numbers:
- 90 kooky cookies, 35 of which are pastry-certified or on their way.
- Swell recipes split into 5 universe: cookies, yogurts, sharable desserts, savory crackers and juice. Available in snacking format.
- About 100 references in total, including 30 innovations in 2015.
- Michel et Augustin, leader in France in the premium grocery segment with our cookies and in the cold segment with our cows to drink.
- 48 recipes are savored each minute in the WORLD and 26 million each year (every other product is purchased in snacking format)
- Every minute, 9 cows to drink are drunk, 11 packs of cookies are bitten into and 3 mousses are devoured
- 9 million French families choose Michel et Augustin every month.
- A 40% growth compared to 2014.
- 41 million euros of sales in 2015. The goal? 100 million euros of sales by 2018.
- 153’000 Facebook fans, 28’000 followers on Twitter, 10’000 Instagram subscribers, 3’000 on YouTube, 12’500 on LinkedIn and the latest one: Pinterest!
- Our bi-monthly newsletter, the Banana Sprout, boasts 100’000 subscribers.
- 8’000 POS in France and abroad.
- 3 Banana Farms in Paris, Lyon, NYC and soon, itinerant Banana Farms near you.
- A presence in 23 countries.
- A notoriety of 56% in France in 2014
At the Banana Farm, our dream is
- To whip up simple yet gourmet recipes made from natural, quality ingredients often found in your very own kitchen
- To share our funny, human, cheerful, sincere and a little crazy adventure daily ;)
- To let French pastry-making savoir-faire shine throughout the big cities of the WORLD!
- To become THE French reference for urban premium food items in the WORLD.
- To concoct the best and most tasty recipes ever.
Our next CRAZY challenges?
Augustin, Michel and the kooky-club have been working on the 2015 roadmap. And here it is, in WORLDWIDE preview ;)
- To speed up the deployment in the 10+ biggest French cities and to consolidate the Paris region
- To promote development through exports by targeting a massive launch in about 20 countries: USA, Belgium, Switzerland, the Netherlands, UK, Spain, Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo, Seoul, Dubai, Moscow, Brazil…
- To launch the “shop in shop” concept with display shelves that hold the whole of our range in a case made by hand
- To recruit new talents.
- To develop the notoriety of the adventure by resorting to communications that stay true to our DNA