The School of Computing and Information Sciences was formed in 1987 from the former Department of Mathematical Sciences. The mission of the School has several dimensions, consistent with the overall mission of the University and consistent with its role as part of the College of Engineering and Computing.
- High-Quality Undergraduate Program
- Graduate Degree Programs for MS and PhD
- Basic and Applied Research in CS
- Provide course work & support for non-CS Students
- Respond to needs of local & regional industry/govt.
- Provide Technical expertise to entire University