‘Nothing tastes better and satisfies your soul more than a meal cooked by your mother.’ And the best part no matter after how long you get the opportunity to have the meal, it will always be full of love, innocence and her care for you.
Enjoy this very special ‘Rajma’ recipe, cooked in a very traditional punjabi style with lots of love.
#MothersDaySpecial #RajmaChawal #ChefRanveer
Preparation Time: 20 minutes + soaking time
Cooking Time: 25-30 minutes
Course: Main Course
2 cups Rajma, soaked overnight
Salt to taste
Water to boil
1 tbsp ghee
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp ginger garlic, coarsely ground
3 large onions, chopped/ grated
Salt to taste
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp garam masala
3 large tomatoes, paste
●Add a pinch of salt to the over night soaked rajma, add water and required and boil them in
a pressure cooker for 3-4 whistles.
● Meanwhile prepare the masala, heat ghee in a pan.
● Add cumin seeds and saute for a minute. Add coarsely ground ginger garlic and saute till
● Add onions and saute till they turn brown. Add salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder,
coriander powder and garam masala. Mix well.
● Saute for 3-4 minutes. Add tomatoes, mix well and saute till they start leaving their oil.
● Meanwhile, drain the rajma and reserve the water.
● Add the boiled rajma to the prepared masala and saute for 3-4 minutes.
● Add the reserved water as required, mix well and simmer on medium flame for 4-5 minutes.
● Garnish with ginger julienne and coriander sprig.
● Serve hot with rice.