Church is boring and lame.
*54% of parents polled thought that The Hunger Games were based on the Bible. 30% didn’t know Adam & Eve were in the Bible. People have no idea what the Bible says. I’m here to #CrackYourBible .
While God’s Word doesn’t change – the Church certainly has. Church is boring, it’s uncomfortable and it’s embarrassing. People don’t want to spend their weekend sitting in church for another dumbed down, pop psychology lesson.
Before churches go send out people for missions, or ask for more money to build a new building, or ask everyone to sign up for small groups, pastors need to teach the Bible. I’m here to bridge the gap for those who haven’t found a church, don’t like church, or don’t understand the Bible.
Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, starting on January 30, 2017, I’ll be posting storytime vlogs about people in the Bible who are just like you.
You’ll hear messy accounts about:
• Bad bosses & conniving coworkers
• Backstabbing friends & family members
• Church leaders trying to throw Jesus off a cliff / get Him in trouble with the Roman “IRS”
• Cheating husbands & mean dads
• Corrupt politicians & paid assassins
• Lying neighbors & false imprisonment
• Feelings embarrassed, insecure & scared
• Nagging wives & annoying in laws
• Sister wives & sketchy prostitutes
• Visiting witches and attending séances.
But you’ll also hear cool accounts about:
• Prophet commanding bears to maul some rude teens
• God’s revenge on people who do you wrong
• Jesus whipping sketchy church leaders out of the Temple with an actual whip
• Sarcastic prophets (and Jesus) who made fun of kings and religious leaders
• Plot twist – when the person trying to kill you gets killed
• Embarrassing your worst enemies
• God protecting you from your enemies' punishments – fire, lions, gallows, etc.
Even if you’re not a Christian, subscribe to hear the stories that your friends haven’t heard, your parents don’t know and that your pastor doesn’t teach.
Subscribe here and click the bell: https://tinyurl.com/RachelY...
-Rachel N. Stephens
My Website: https://rachelnstephens.com
Instagram: @rachelnstephens https://www.instagram.com/r...
Snapchat: @rachelnstephens https://snapchat.com/add/ra...
Twitter: @rachelnstephens https://twitter.com/racheln...
*United Kingdom Bible Society – Pass It On Surveyhttp://www.biblesociety.org...
Ice Flow by Kevin MacLeod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (https://creativecommons.org...