What you need to know about being an Au Pair!
- What is an Au Pair?
- Why would you want to be an Au Apair?
- My Experience?
- Questions to ask your family.
SeatoCea Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/se...
Au Pair websites:
Great Au Pair: https://www.greataupair.com...
AuPair World: https://www.aupairworld.com/en
Questions from IG stories:
@em_mlynarek, @e.llesig, @abitross, @chef_amie, @samlawson37, @naty_nat_nat, @alice.markey, @ahia.kaeser & @orlamarie_
- How did you find your Au Pair job?
- I used greataupair.com but I know a few people who used aupairworld.com
- How did you feel about safety?
- It’s always a little nerve racking but I skyped with my family a few times and met the kids, saw my room etc. I also had a friend of a friend in Spain I could go to as a plan B.
- When do you get to explore if you’re working during the day?
- This totally depends on your family! The kids in my family had class all day so I could go into the city if I was back by the time they got home!
- Do you need to speak another language?
- NO often they prefer that you don’t because they want you to teach their kids YOUR language.
- Would love to help out with this video!
- PLEASE comment on the video comments and answer any questions people have!
- No questions about au pairing but I just wanted to say “hey Seth!” too! Hey Seth!
- What qualifications do you need to have?
- Every family is different! Some you need no experience, but for you some experience with kids (so you know you like working with kids) would be great!
- How can you do it without having to go through an agency and pay fees?
- greataupair.com didn’t have any fees but the fees are sometimes there for your safety so it’s up to you!
- ooo yay I am hoping to au pair next year and I was wondering how you get paired up with families!
- I used greataupair.com but I know a few people who used aupairworld.com you search which countries you want and how long you want the stay to be and they pop up!
- Can guys do it? Is that frowned upon?
@matthewjohnson1934 is doing it now and said it’s been pretty easy to find a family!
- Can you be a male Au Pair?
- @matthewjohnson1934 is doing it now and said it’s been pretty easy to find a family!
- What age were you as an Au Pair?
- I was 22
@aspatina & @chef_amie
- Is the pay good? Can you also set some money aside?
- Every family is different but I only got paid $400 Euro a month, but while living there I had no expenses and it was perfect for me. But I couldn't put any money aside.
- What even is an Au Pair?
- An international nanny!
- Hi! I’m in my last year of HS and think being an Au Pair is how I want to travel: over all would you recommend it?
- Did you find it worthwhile?
- Agency or online?
- I used a website greataupair.com but I know a few people who used aupairworld.com
- Where are the best places to Au Pair?
- Depends what you want, if you’re English speaking and language intimidates you choose an English speaking country. If you want to immerse yourself in another language choose a country that speaks another language!
- What is the process to become one?
- Once you connect with a family you decide if it's a fit
- How did you find your Au Pair job and how did you feel about safety?
Is it hard to find a family?
- No it’s hard to choose one!
- Is there any expectations to be with the family for a long time? Does a short placement confuse the kids?
- Nope, every family is different!
- I used to be an Au Pair!!
- Of course you were! Hop in the comments and share your experience!!
Get the inside scoop, be Shayla's resource for questions and become a Patreon!
Let’s be social:
Get on the mailing list: http://eepurl.com/cTfjkH
The Equipment I use:
Artist: Likely InspiredYoutube: https://www.youtube.com/cha...