Join my FREE 30-Day Low-Carb, No-Cheat Challenge Here! http://bit.ly/30-DayKetoCha...
Curious about keto? Start here to learn more about this life-changing diet.
Take Dr. Berg's Free Keto Mini-Course: http://pxlme.me/-i717vtY
or go here: https://bit.ly/2JbISDo
Download Keto Essentialshttp://bit.ly/2DH0d6o
If you're new to Dr. Berg's channel, you've come to the right place. This is the first of many helpful videos to watch. Dr. Berg wanted to create this video specifically to help those looking for the keto basics and how to start keto. In this video, Dr. Berg covers the intermittent fasting and healthy keto basics. If you have friends or family members wondering how to start keto as well, don't forget to point them to this video too!
What is Keto or Ketosis?
• Keto means you're in a state of fat burning.
• When you get into ketosis and fat burning, the fat breaks down into what are called ketones. The body can use ketones as an alternative fuel source. This is a much better fuel source than sugar fuel.
• The healthy ketogenic diet is a version of the regular ketogenic diet based on a principle where you have to "get healthy first, then lose the weight." "Get healthy" refers to eating healthy, high-quality foods that provide all of the nutrients your body needs.
What is Intermittent Fasting?
• Intermittent fasting is a pattern of eating and not eating. Instead of doing 3-6 meals a day plus snacking, you're eating less frequently. This is important because every time you eat, you raise a hormone called insulin. Too much insulin is very dangerous in the body. With the healthy keto diet and intermittent fasting, we're reducing the excess insulin.
How to Lower Insulin?
• Consume fewer carbohydrates (sugar, refined carbs, grains, pasta, cereal, biscuits, waffles, juice, alcohol, etc.)
• Eat less frequently
Symptoms of High Insulin:
• Belly fat
• High blood pressure
• High cholesterol
• Fatigue (especially after eating)
• Decreased cognitive function (lack of focus, poor memory)
• Moodiness (irritable, depressed, grouchy)
• You're hungry all of the time (especially in-between meals)
Benefits of the Healthy Keto Diet and Intermittent Fasting:
• Weight loss
• Reduced inflammation
• Supports cognitive function
• Supports mood
• Making the body function better
Dr. Eric Berg DC Bio:
Dr. Berg, 52 years of age is a chiropractor who specializes in Healthy Ketosis & Intermittent Fasting. He is the author of The New Body Type Guide and other books published by KB Publishing. He has taught students nutrition as an adjunct professor at Howard University. He no longer practices, but focuses on health education through social media.
DR. BERG'S SHOP: http://shop.drberg.com/
Follow us on FACEBOOK: fb.me/DrEricBerg
Send a Message to his team: m.me/DrEricBerg
ABOUT DR. BERG: https://www.drberg.com/dr-e...
Dr. Eric Berg received his Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Palmer College of Chiropractic in 1988. His use of “doctor” or “Dr.” in relation to himself solely refers to that degree. Dr. Berg is a licensed chiropractor in Virginia, California, and Louisiana, but he no longer practices chiropractic in any state and does not see patients. This video is for general informational purposes only. It should not be used to self-diagnose and it is not a substitute for a medical exam, cure, treatment, diagnosis, and prescription or recommendation. It does not create a doctor-patient relationship between Dr. Berg and you. You should not make any change in your health regimen or diet before first consulting a physician and obtaining a medical exam, diagnosis, and recommendation. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. The Health & Wellness, Dr. Berg Nutritionals and Dr. Eric Berg, D.C. are not liable or responsible for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or product you obtain through this video or site.
#keto #ketodiet #ketogenicdiet #weightloss #ketosis #ketomadeeasy #intermittentfasting
#keto #ketodiet #weightloss #ketosis