Ready in: 20 minutes
1 head cauliflower, washed and dried, and cut into quarters
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 white onion, diced
2 carrots, diced
1 small head broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
1/2 head green cabbage
Leftover cooked meat, optional
2 scallions, sliced thin
1/4 cup preferred sauce (teriyaki, soy-ginger, tamari, etc.)
1. Use a box grater or food processor to cut the cauliflower into rice-sized pieces, discarding any tough stems. Set aside.
2. Heat a large skillet or wok over medium and add olive oil.
3. Add garlic and onion to the pan and cook for about 30 seconds.
4. Add the carrots and broccoli and cook until tender, 5-7 minutes.
5. Add cabbage and meat, if using, and toss to combine.
6. Add the cauliflower rice in three shifts.
7. Crack the egg into a small bowl.
8. Move the contents of the pan to one side and add the egg, scrambling it.
9. As the egg begins to cook, stir to incorporate the veggies with the egg. Add scallions.
10. Turn off the heat and stir in sauce.