C. A. House Music was founded in 1872 by Chauncey A. House. In 1964, Pete Ceo purchased the controlling stock of the company. Pete was owner of Ceo Music in downtown Wheeling, which specialized mostly in band and string instruments. The first Ceo Music store was located on Short Market Street. The merged C. A. House Music moved two additional times to the Upper Plaza Market and finally to 10th and Main.Today, the company is operated by Steve Ceo, general manager. Under his direction, C. A. House Music moved from its original St. Clairsville to a 24,000 square foot building that includes a piano showroom, a pro audio room, a guitar and drum showroom, and a band & orchestra department. Steve Ceo also opened a C. A. House Music location in Lancaster, OH located on West Sixth Avenue. This location was opened in December of 2011 and is 4,200 square feet.