Donate now: http://maps.org/30
On Sunday, April 17, 2016, over 900 attendees from around the world joined us for the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) 30th Anniversary Banquet and Celebration at the magnificent Scottish Rite Center in Oakland, Calif.
The Banquet includes live music from Cello Joe, with toasts and addresses by;
- MAPS Founder Rick Doblin, Ph.D.,
- MAPS Public Benefit Corporation Executive Director Amy Emerson
- MDMA researcher Michael Mithoefer, M.D.
- Study participants Hania Withem, John Saul, and Nigel McCourry (USMC-Ret.)
- visionary artists Alex Grey and Allyson Grey
- MAPS donor Moshe Tov Kreps
- Onnit CEO Aubrey Marcus
- Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soaps CEO David Bronner
The Celebration features;
- An address from Rick Doblin, Ph.D.
- A multimedia performance by internationally renowned artist Android Jones and PHADROID
- A performance of The Hidden Code by DJ Spooky
- A special guest performance by electronic music pioneer Ken Jordan of The Crystal Method, with live projections by Android Jones
Thank you to everyone who contributed—in person and online—to making the event such an outstanding success, including presenters, trial participants, artists, staff, performers, attendees, media, funders, friends, and family.
The MAPS 30th Anniversary Banquet and Celebration is part of the Global Psychedelic Dinners, an international benefit to help raise funds for MAPS’ purchase of one kilogram of pharmaceutical grade MDMA for our U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Phase 3 clinical trials. Join us by hosting your own dinner, finding a dinner in your local area, or making a donation. (http://psychedelicdinners.org
Donate now to help make MDMA become a legal medicine: http://maps.org/30
A live stream of this event was broadcasted to the internet, thanks to our Live Stream Sponsors Robert Barnhart, Psymposia, and FORA.tv.
The Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS)http://maps.org
Help us caption & translate this video!http://amara.org/v/IS8L/