In this video I explain the 6 step process of becoming a professional DJ. Download the free PDF version of the guide here: http://traktordjcourse.com/...
Step 1: Pick and tune your DJ profile
Are you a mainstream DJ? A underground DJ or a event DJ?
Step 2: Build your music collection
Start with what you love and find similar artists and label until you have collected at least 200 tracks.
Step 3: Get your gear
Three versions of gear depending on how much you can afford: zero, 500 or 2,200 $
Step 4: Learn the basic skills
Learn the technical skills:
• Setting up your gear*
• Editing playlists*
• Beat matching*
• Mixing in Key*• Sound engineering for DJs**
And people- / marketing-skills:
Dealing with club managers and promoters**
Dealing with song requests**
Reading the crowd**
Dealing with your own anxiety**
* Learn this in the Traktor DJ Course www.traktordjcourse.com/tdjc
** Read more about this on www.traktordjcourse.com/dj-blog
Step 5: Set up your social media profiles:
- Facebook page
- SoundCloud profile
- MixCloud profile
Step 6: Get gigs
- Promote your social profiles and website
- Leverage your social network. Ask for introductions
- Get to know the club owners and promoters in your area
- Get listed in online DJ-booking agencies
- Approach event companies
Get the free PDF version of the guide here: http://traktordjcourse.com/...