Hey! Good news. My brother and I are happy to announce our album has been released! :D Here you can listen to a small preview. More info below (FAQs, etc):
The album is just called "TinWhistler" and it is available in digital format (Bandcamp, iTunes, Google Play, Amazon, etc) as well as in CD format (Bandcamp only) and you can listen to it for free online on YouTube, Bandcamp and Spotify. It has 11 tracks (+2 bonus tracks) which try to capture the essence and spontaneity of our YouTube videos.
CD + digital (or just digital if you want) on our Bandcamp page: https://tinwhistler.bandcam...
Also on these online stores (digital only):
Google Play: https://play.google.com/sto...
You can listen to the whole album for free on our Bandcamp page, Spotify and now on YouTube too.
Thanks for your support, please spread the word and subscribe if you haven't yet. :)
Interesting QUESTIONS (FAQs) about the album:
- "Is it expensive to ship the CD to the USA?"
Actually the CDs are shipped from the USA, because it is an American company that makes them and ships them on demand. Same cost to everywhere in the world.
- "How come the CDs are shipped from the USA, if you're in Europe? Are they shipped to every country in the world? And what's the delivery time?"
We use a company that makes CDs "on demand", that is, everytime someone purchases a CD they make it and ship it right away. They're an American company, so the CDs are shipped from there. The cost is the same wherever in the world you want it shipped to. They ship to most countries in the world, although not all of them. On our Bandcamp page you can see the complete list of countries the CDs can be shipped to. But even if you're country doesn't appear on the list, if you're really interested in having a physical CD please contact us and we'll see what we can do. The delivery time is about one or two weeks in the USA, and two or three weeks everywhere else, sorry for making you wait so long but keep in mind you'll have immediate access to downloading the digital album (MP3 or any audio format) right away, so this way the waiting will not be such a pain.
- "Will I get liner notes?"
Yes, the CD has one sheet of liner notes (on the back of the front cover). Also, if you get the digital album on our Bandcamp page you'll download an image file containing the front cover and the liner notes.
- "I'd like to have the album in digital format (MP3 files) but I would also like to have a physical CD, do I have to pay twice then?"
Not if you purchase the CD through Bandcamp. Anyone who purchases the physical CD on our Bandcamp gets immediate access to downloading the digital album (MP3 or desired file format), while waiting for the CD.
- "Will a physical CD be shipped to my home if I purchase your album on iTunes, Google Play or Amazon?"
No, sorry. We'd like to ship a CD to anyone who purchases our digital album, but unfortunately we have no control over these online stores, so we can't see who buys anything. The only way to get a physical CD is to buy it on our Bandcamp page, because it's the only place we control.
- "I don't want to buy anything without having listened to it first. Or I just don't have any money, but I still want to listen to your new album. What do I do?"
You can listen to the whole album for free online on our Bandcamp page, YouTube, Spotify, etc.
- "What are these two bonus tracks?"
One is a home-made recording and the other one is a quick foot-tapping and flute thing.
- "What kind of tunes did you record?"
Traditional tunes and our own compositions.
- "What instruments did you use?"
Mostly whistles and guitars.
- "What's your Bandcamp page?"https://tinwhistler.bandcam...
- "Let's talk money. How much?"
On our Bandcamp page:
Digital album: $8. (about €6.45).
Digital + CD: $8 + $2 worldwide shipping. (total about €8).
On iTunes, Google Play, Amazon, etc: We don't have any control over these online stores, so they will set the price they want. (Remember these online stores will only sell the album in digital format, no CDs).
We would've liked to make this album be cheaper, but with all the middlemen we have no choice. Besides, we don't control the price that iTunes, Google, Amazon etc choose, and we thought it wouldn't be fair for everybody if the album was a lot cheaper on Bandcamp than on these other stores.
- "Will the CD be sold in local stores?"
Not that we know of. It would be cool, though.
- "Will you be touring or performing anywhere to present your album?"
We wish! lol