Lego Hello World
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 27, 2010
"Lego felt tip 110" printer connected to an Apple Mac. This is not mindstorms, I designed/built/coded it all from scratch including analog motor electronics, sensors and printer driver, the USB interface uses a "wiring" board.
FAQ: Track name? "Christopher and Raphael just popper Shinichi Osawa distortion disco edit"
FAQ: How long did this take? Hard to say, maybe 3 weeks working evenings.
FAQ: You're a student and this is a university project? I'm not a student, this is just a hobby project.
FAQ: Just a remake of the 1092a? No, I'd never seen the 1092a until now. However some of the parts came from a 8094 kit amongst others many years ago. It is made to my own design, but I acknolwedge influences and the great work of the official lego designers !
FAQ: Does this use mindstorms? Nope, wiring demo board + homemade analog electronics and sensors.
FAQ: DPI? Dots per inch? Approx 75 DPI
FAQ: PPM? Pages per minute? Not even 1! I sped things up a little in the video editing to keep it interesting to watch :)
FAQ: Helvetica? Yes of course, my respect to those who noticed :)
FAQ: Full color version/more colours? Originally I was going to do 3 colour version, but I had to simplify as only have 4 lego motors.
FAQ: Open source, schematics etc? Sorry this took a while:
FAQ: Wrote your own driver? Yes, uses standard Mac OS print mechanism.
FAQ: Are you using some sort of MCU demo board(the black pcb)? Yes.  http://wiring.org.co/hardware/
FAQ: re: Mac vs PC abuse? Video not meant as a Mac advert and I'm sorry if the Apple logo offends anyone. I just find them easier to use.
FAQ: Felt tip damage drying up? Yes this is a problem, but one felt tip usually lasts for quite a few pages.
FAQ: Felt tip auto-capping? Nope, sorry.
FAQ: Sensor info: Horizontal positioning using homemade shaft encoder (black/white rotating lego squares you see in the vid) with a SY-CR102 photo reflector from Maplins, (only £0.89 or $1.30). This is into a sampled analog input as I couldn't get full enough saturation to trigger the ext interrupt pins. There are also push buttons built into lego bricks for left and right end stop detection.
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Popper (Shinichi Osawa distorsion disco edi)" on
- 4:50 Lego Schoolby MlCHAELHlCKOXFilmsFeatured 13,222,506
- 2:33 Impresora 3D hecha de LEGO Video TerraTVby NCTV7 7,758 views
- Michael 44 videos13K
- 16:53 Lego Pirates of the Caribbean PSP Part 12by xSam016x 529,867 views
- 14:22 Lego City Episodes 1 2 and 3by 95tornadoes 2,882,173 views
- 0:28 Lego Atlantis Referencias 8059 y 8078by Juguetes Hola Caracola 363,278 views
- 200 videos Play all Brick Filmsby nerdsman567
- 14:26 The Lego Batman, Spider-Man, & Superman Movieby forrestfire101 14,872,088 views
- 3:03 Lego Modern Warfare 3by Soldier5900 5,140,854 views
- 7:56 LEGO GBC 20 modules 【レゴ】 玉ころがしをつくってみたby akiyuky 5,515,672 views
- 6:48 LEGO 3661 Bank & Money Transferby nickname2002 4,607,450 views
- 4:08 Lego Pizza Delivery 2by MlCHAELHlCKOXFilms 7,404,333 views
- 2:41 Awesome LEGO creations !! Part-1(best sculptures!)by guitarnickplayer01 2,003,256 views
- 4:17 Mickey Doonaldsby hellocopturfilms 8,758,902 views
- 3:54 Lego F1-Raceby BeckyR13 1,764,970 views
- 2:57 Lego Antikythera Mechanismby nature video 2,136,718 views
- 4:41 Lego Wiiby Kooberz 6,727,849 views
- 1:33 Amazing Animated Optical Illusions!by brusspup 5,914,297 views
- 1:30 USA vs England in Legoby alternageek 2,771,263 views
- 0:05 Lego Stop Motion Test - "Hello World!"by larkija 13,451 views
- 2:50 Lego Barber Shopby MlCHAELHlCKOXFilms 2,772,229 views
- 1:25 Lego MW3by sumkid101 2,654,589 views
- Loading more suggestions...