Lego Hello World
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 27, 2010
"Lego felt tip 110" printer connected to an Apple Mac. This is not mindstorms, I designed/built/coded it all from scratch including analog motor electronics, sensors and printer driver, the USB interface uses a "wiring" board.
FAQ: Track name? "Christopher and Raphael just popper Shinichi Osawa distortion disco edit"
FAQ: How long did this take? Hard to say, maybe 3 weeks working evenings.
FAQ: You're a student and this is a university project? I'm not a student, this is just a hobby project.
FAQ: Just a remake of the 1092a? No, I'd never seen the 1092a until now. However some of the parts came from a 8094 kit amongst others many years ago. It is made to my own design, but I acknolwedge influences and the great work of the official lego designers !
FAQ: Does this use mindstorms? Nope, wiring demo board + homemade analog electronics and sensors.
FAQ: DPI? Dots per inch? Approx 75 DPI
FAQ: PPM? Pages per minute? Not even 1! I sped things up a little in the video editing to keep it interesting to watch :)
FAQ: Helvetica? Yes of course, my respect to those who noticed :)
FAQ: Full color version/more colours? Originally I was going to do 3 colour version, but I had to simplify as only have 4 lego motors.
FAQ: Open source, schematics etc? Sorry this took a while:
FAQ: Wrote your own driver? Yes, uses standard Mac OS print mechanism.
FAQ: Are you using some sort of MCU demo board(the black pcb)? Yes.  http://wiring.org.co/hardware/
FAQ: re: Mac vs PC abuse? Video not meant as a Mac advert and I'm sorry if the Apple logo offends anyone. I just find them easier to use.
FAQ: Felt tip damage drying up? Yes this is a problem, but one felt tip usually lasts for quite a few pages.
FAQ: Felt tip auto-capping? Nope, sorry.
FAQ: Sensor info: Horizontal positioning using homemade shaft encoder (black/white rotating lego squares you see in the vid) with a SY-CR102 photo reflector from Maplins, (only £0.89 or $1.30). This is into a sampled analog input as I couldn't get full enough saturation to trigger the ext interrupt pins. There are also push buttons built into lego bricks for left and right end stop detection.
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Popper (Shinichi Osawa Distortion Disco Edit)" on
Christopher & Raphael Just
- 4:50 Lego Schoolby Michael HickoxFeatured 13,394,490
- 3:37 LEGO Scorpion VS Robogatorby Chaîne de Alban42800 273,766 views
- 14:22 Lego City Episodes 1 2 and 3by Elliot Sadler Is Epic. 2,919,269 views
- 3:03 Lego Modern Warfare 3by Soldier5900 5,157,352 views
- 0:28 Lego Atlantis Referencias 8059 y 8078by Juguetes Hola Caracola 363,278 views
- 200 videos Play all Brick Filmsby nerdsman567
- 4:17 Mickey Doonaldsby hello coptur films 8,768,388 views
- 4:41 Lego Wiiby Kooberz Studios 6,733,506 views
- 2:34 LEGO 3D Milling Machine - "3D Printer"by Arthur Sacek 1,660,429 views
- 7:56 LEGO GBC 20 modules 【レゴ】 玉ころがしをつくってみたby akiyuky 5,526,710 views
- 2:37 Lego Arcadeby Michael 5,408,584 views
- 14:26 The Lego Batman, Spider-Man, & Superman Movieby ForrestFire Films 14,990,926 views
- 6:48 LEGO 3661 Bank & Money Transferby nickname2002 4,629,141 views
- 3:54 Lego F1-Raceby BeckyR13 1,767,734 views
- 2:57 Lego Antikythera Mechanismby nature video 2,140,520 views
- 1:04 LEGO ball shooterby akiyuky 659,585 views
- 4:06 LEGO Mindstorms Sudoku Solverby Hans Andersson 1,577,260 views
- 2:41 Awesome LEGO creations !! Part-1(best sculptures!)by click here → → → → ▬▬▬▬► 2,015,667 views
- 1:33 Amazing Animated Optical Illusions!by brusspup 5,919,568 views
- 1:24 lego M249 PARA (working)by Jack Streat 1,451,514 views
- 2:50 Lego Barber Shopby Michael Hickox 2,799,101 views
- Loading more suggestions...