Uploaded on Feb 23, 2008
Dallas Bartending School - Premium Institute of Bartending
I realize that some experienced bartenders are not fans of bartending schools. After speaking with many people it seems to be due to poor training environments or the fact that you may be able to get a bartending job without any training. I do believe some may be able to get one (after bar backing or serving for a while), but the training helps one's confidence level and skills. We don't just teach drink recipes. We teach speed, accuracy, presentation, how to increase tips, and a complete understanding of all liquor types. What we can't teach is personality. You must be outgoing, friendly, a take charge person, and like to work in a fast paced environment. Our students get jobs as bartenders when they complete the program. So, try it on your own and if it doesn't work, look into a school. As a school owner, I would ask the following questions before enrolling.
1. Is the owner on site or is the school run by an employee
2. Can I observe a class before enrolling?
3. Where are your graduates working?
4. Can I speak to current students and graduates?
5. Can I see your complete training manual? Most schools cost @ 500.00 and take 30ish hours to complete.
This you should earn back in just a week or two of working.
Check us out at www.dallasbartendingschool.com
Thanks for reading!!!
David Phillips - Owner
Standard YouTube License