Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 22, 2010
Here are a few kernels of truth, wrapped liberally in extreme exaggeration. I know. It's pretty over the top. But so is the assertion that the bible is a holy book. That's a massive exaggeration. Most of it isn't even "pleasant".
The bible is revolting. It is sickening. It is nowhere NEAR as nice a book as what an ethical human could come up with, so why on earth does it have this reputation as having been written by the very author of love itself? It wasn't. It was written by human men - and pretty horrible men by the sounds of things.
And why is it that it only ever seems to be the ugly bits of the bible that are ever taken out of context? Why don't we ever hear christians complaining of John 3:16 being taken out of context?
Look, I know it's possible for things to be taken out of context. Creationists do it all the time, and it bugs the hell out of scientists and rationalists. Even I've been quoted out of context. Sure, it's annoying. But no context is large enough to write off some of the horrors of the bible. I mean - is September 11, for example, completely justified by recourse to a larger "context"? No, and neither are some of the horrors mentioned in the video.
I had a conversation recently (on youtube) and we talked about stoning. It occurred to me, that as an atheist, I will never, ever be called upon to defend the appalling practice of stoning. However, a christian who believes that their heavenly father mandated stoning, does have some kind of obligation to EXCUSE those who practiced stoning, and to even implicitly, DEFEND the practice, seeing, as it was, Yahweh's favored punishment.
THIS is what's wrong with christianity. And yes, I know that there is more to it than that. But how warped are your morals, compared to those of an atheist, if the atheist can outright condemn practices such as stoning and burning alive, but you can't, due to your apparent deep personal relationship with the supreme moral law giver of the universe? You know, that supreme moral law giver who said burning people alive was OK? Something is seriously wrong there.
Or, come out and say that the old testament laws were absolutely hideous! Come and join the rest of us. It's far clearer over here. No double-think. Come and live an ethical life based on what you TRULY believe about how best to live among others.
Standard YouTube License
- 7:42 Jesus and the Interpreter. A modern-day christian helps Jesus get started.by NonStampCollectorFeatured 238,260
- 6:29 A Personal Relationship with Jesusby NonStampCollector 154,340 views
- 14:40 Objective Morality vs. Christianity [William Lane Craig]by NonStampCollector 75,980 views
- 1:24 ATHEIST!!!!!!!by NonStampCollector 590,548 views
- 10:33 Challenge to Theistsby NonStampCollector 77,138 views
- 49 videos Play all NonStampCollectorby Artifactorfiction
- 11:23 Yahweh's Amazing Miracleby NonStampCollector 91,797 views
- 9:44 How I Gave Up Religionby 43alley 150,412 views
- 9:12 The Ten Commandments- the basis of our laws and moralsby NonStampCollector 272,674 views
- 5:46 What Would Yahweh Do?by NonStampCollector 109,466 views
- 4:36 1 Corinthians 13by NonStampCollector 148,995 views
- 8:32 God is for idiotsby FluffyAthiest 906,443 views
- 5:30 Forgiveness, Grace, and God's Death Sentenceby NonStampCollector 181,732 views
- 5:32 Atheist Michael Newdow Intellectually Demolishes Arrogant Moron on Fox Newsby neotropic9 1,485,916 views
- 4:23 Intelligent Design wins! (now stand by for details)by NonStampCollector 105,285 views
- 2:55 Ray Comfort meets the Evangelist's Nightmareby NonStampCollector 122,927 views
- Atheism 89,071 videos2K
- 8:58 Atheists SECRETLY believe in Yahwehby NonStampCollector 110,977 views
- 7:13 Comedy for Atheists: Creationismby DarkMatter2525 910,157 views
- 2:24 Cooking with Yahwehby NonStampCollector 96,277 views
- 11:01 The Bible is True (A Response to Nonstampcollector's Nonsense)by onceforgivennowfree 10,501 views
- 5:33 Yahweh's Delicious Creationby NonStampCollector 83,776 views
- Loading more suggestions...