Utah Plane Crash Captured on Cell Phone by Passenger -ORIGINAL FOOTAGE-
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Feb 6, 2013
2/2/13- I was up for a birthday flight with my wife (her first flight ever), her mother and my seven month old boy when we received the shocking news that our carburator had iced over. After gliding over some field we found an ideal place to land the plane. The pilot was experienced in field landings but unfortunately the snow caused the landing gear to sever from the plane, flipping the plane front to back and smashing the tail before it came to a rest upside down. No one was hurt in the accident save for bruises, whiplash and minor cuts.
More to the story:
The pilot is very experienced and has landed in fields many times before even with snow in the field, just not this much snow. We were looking for roads to land on, but there were just too many power lines next to or crossing these roads. The interstate (large road parallel to flight) can be seen from the beginning of the video, which is a 5 lane road with the middle turn lane. There was absolutely no safe way to land on that road. Had he tried I'm confident that a collision would've occurred and this story could easily have ended in a fatality. The pilot made the BEST landing given the circumstances. Even the way that the plane dug in with its nose, taking the initial force followed by us flipping (instead of a violent abrupt stop) then crunching the tail also absorbing the rest of the collision was the best possible way to crash.
You can see more of the actual destruction to the plane and the way it landed if you look at the other video of the aftermath "Utah Plane Crash Aftermath Wreckage -ORIGINAL FOOTAGE-" located here:
Crash only + slow motion here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nADiI...
The Miracle behind the whole Experience:
-Please do not mock any beliefs or the follow story- I can just as easily turn off the option to allow comments. Please be respectful
When we first heard the news from the pilot that we were going to have to land out there my initial reaction was shock and fear. There was an incredible feeling of calm and peace with swept over all of us as we all said our own silent prayers in our heart. It was in that moment as I tried to recall any sort of ill or uneasy feeling before the flight, any kind of 'warning' feelings that I get sometimes to warn me away from when something really bad was going to happen, you know that 'inner feeling'. After I realized that I never once got a bad feeling of warning I knew in that moment that we were going to be ok. I knew that God was watching over us and protecting my family. We belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and we've been taught to listen to those feelings because they are sent from God.
As we descended there wasn't much talking, we just felt calm and peaceful, very peaceful. I fully expected a smooth landing because of that peaceful feeling, and I just KNEW we were all going to be ok- which we were. I just was really shocked when we crashed. I wouldn't have been recording had I even thought we'd crash, but all-in-all we all walked away especially my baby boy who didn't have a single scratch on him. He's the real miracle about this story.
About 1 minute after the crash a family across the street who had been out on snowmobiles immediately came to our rescue and we climbed aboard and they took us to their house to wait for the paramedics to tell us what I already knew- that we were ok and incredibly lucky.
The only Tragedy:
The pilot is a good friend of my wife's parents. He is passionate about flying and loves to take people up in his plane. My wife had never been in an airplane and this was arranged for her birthday. This was a free flight provided by the pilot because of his good heart. The tragic part of this story is that he forgot to renew his insurance on the plane, and it lapsed the night before the flight- 13 hours earlier!!! The insurance company will not honor any kind of grace period and will do nothing for him, so now he's lost a $40k plane in a matter of 13 hours. He is still happy and cheerful despite his loss.
Standard YouTube License
- 3:11 The Truth About Phones on Airplanesby DNews Featured 469,209
- 2:47 Utah Plane Crash Aftermath Wreckage -ORIGINAL FOOTAGE-by Jonathan Fielding67,943 views
- 40:24 China Airlines Flight 006 - Panic Over The Pacific (6 Mile Plunge)by hensug05304,494 views
- 43:27 World's scariest plane landings.mp4by Grace John3,568,209 views
- 10:51 Plane Crash compilation #3by PlaneCrashVideo886,632 views
- 8:48 FLIGHT 'Movie' CRASH_SCENE~ WOAH ! ♦ DENZEL's Flight Simulator -Try it !by jimmywacked3,215,651 views
- 4:07 Plane Crash REAL pilot last words recording with voice record from the cockpitby SOBOLewski1,450,183 views
- 5:35 Two Fatal Cessna 150 Airplane Crash Filmed From Cockpitby Stephen Wilson328,003 views
- 5:16 Urgent Landing on Frozen Lakeby PipistrelCanada209,041 views
- 14:59 AIRCRAFT NEAR MISS AND UNUSUAL INCIDENT COMPILATIONby leeveraction3,843,957 views
- 7:00 Fatal Plane Crash Recorded From Inside The Planeby av8rdav1,309,863 views
- 5:55 Don't believe in Ancient Aliens? Watch this I Dare You. pt 3by cambell13081,460,576 views
- 7:16 Air Show Crashes | Air Show compilation part # 4by PlaneCrashVideo682,434 views
- 6:50 Piers Morgan gets angry after losing Gun Control debate and throws his notes towards his guest !by Nycresistance2,234,988 views
- 4:53 Helicopter Pilot Saves Kid's RC Planeby LondonDaily!!!667,376 views
- 14:39 Aircraft Crashes and Near Misses Compilation | Crazy Videos Caught on Tapeby Worldof Accidents310,540 views
- 1:01:33 SSF4 AE2012 Exhibition Team NA vs Team Asia - CEO 2012 Tournamentby Team Spooky73,566 views
- 5:24 The Awesome "CAD WEST" Low Flying Jet Site In Wales "Mach Loop".by Wonkabar0072,178,381 views
- 4:19 Cessna 182 Engine Failure - Crash Landingby AppReviewerWill648,976 views
- 1:31 Engine Failure on Takeoff - Crash Landingby AppReviewerWill144,893 views
- Loading more suggestions...