Jenny LeClue - A Handmade Adventure Game by Mografi / Joe Russ (PC / MAC / LINUX / iOS)
Help make Jenny's story possible in a handmade, exploration based choose your own adventure game focused on story, character & mystery!
This coming-of-age narrative follows Jenny LeClue, a young detective, living in the idyllic college town of Arthurton. Jenny takes on the case of her life when her mother is accused of murdering the beloved Dean Strausberry. She soon discovers that nothing is what it seems…
Jenny is a brilliant young detective, sharp eyed, intuitive and a ruthless pursuer of the truth. But nothing exciting ever happens in Arthurton, and Jenny has grown bored of the gumshoe cases she usually solves. She longs for adventure and a real case to crack.
Jenny gets more than she bargains for when the Dean of Gumboldt University is found dead, and all the evidence points to her own mother. Jenny will have to use all her skills of deduction and reasoning to uncover the truth and clear her family name. In the process she will discover that Arthurton is not such a quiet town after all. Arthurton is filled with dark secrets, and there are people who will stop at nothing to keep Jenny from the truth.
Who can she trust? How will she outwit the ever watchful Sheriff? Why has the lake started glowing at night? And why does everyone keep treating her like a kid?
Jenny LeClue is a coming of age tale. Sometimes funny, sometimes scary, always mysterious; it’s a story about finding our strengths, accepting our weaknesses, and the blurred lines between what is right and wrong.
More about the Background of the Game and how it has envolved over the last couple of years:
We've been crafting Jenny LeClue over the last few years, and envision it as an Appisodic Trilogy that rewards exploration and curiosity at every turn. This is a game about your choices and how they permanently affect the story. We want to deliver a rich narrative experience about relationships with delightful surprises and interactions. The story also deals with mature themes, complex characters, and an epic tangled mystery. We want you to help guide the direction of Jenny's journey, within the game itself.
Jenny LeClue is a handmade, 2D, exploration based, adventure game with a focus on story, character, and mystery. The game will initially support PC / Mac / Linux. We plan to add more platforms, especially iOS, after the desktop version is released. We are also looking into the possibility of Steam and Console support.
Everything is interactive!
- Experience Arthurton, an expansive world with dark corners to explore, secrets to uncover, intriguing and suspicious characters, and mysterious cases to crack!
- Tap, swipe, run, jump, and bike your way around Arthurton as you reveal secrets with your flashlight and unravel the mysteries of this deceptively dark town.
- Every moment is a chance to interact in new and refreshing ways. Dialogue scenes become a chance to explore and discover clues on a character’s person and reveal whether they are a witness or a suspect. Curiosity is rewarded with captivating animations and goodies, making for a richer experience and a living world. It’s not just pretty, it’s alive!
- As you solve mini-mysteries, and put the pieces of Dean Strausberry's murder together, you start to unravel a much bigger mystery…
- Explore the abandoned mines, the forgotten graveyard, the misty mountains. Sneak into the police station evidence room. Wander the shops on Main Street and chat up the baristas at the coffee shop. Dig through the archives of Gumboldt University's Library.