Did you know that the U.S. Department of State brings musicians from around the world to the United States to engage with American audiences and communities on cross-cultural programs, and that the Department sends American bands abroad to collaborate and connect with artists and underserved communities overseas? Have you heard about the American Music Abroad or Center Stage programs? Do you want to know how cultural exchanges open dialogue and bond people around the world?
Join us on September 15 at 3:00 p.m. EST for a Google+ Hangout hosted by Assistant Secretary of State for Educational and Cultural Affairs Evan Ryan on the power of music diplomacy to connect local and global communities in the United States and around the world.
The U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs shares the best of the
American arts community with the world to foster cross-cultural understanding and collaboration, and to demonstrate shared values and aspirations.
Participants will be:
- Evan Ryan, Assistant Secretary of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs
- Moderator: Stacy White, Cultural Programs Division Chief - Members of Ribab Fusion, an Amazigh funk band from Morocco on the Center Stage program * http://centerstageus.org/ar...
- Members of the Boston Boys, an Americana band that has toured overseas on the American Music Abroad program * http://amvoices.org/ama/
- Marc Thayer of the Association of American Voices * http://www.americanvoices.org/
- Adrienne Petrillo of the New England Foundation of the Arts * http://www.nefa.org/
- Jacob Yarrow Programming Director for Hancher at The University of Iowa
For more information about upcoming Center Stage performances at the Kennedy Center’s Millennium Stage and across the country click here: http://centerstageus.org/ev...
Visit our website for more information on cultural exchanges: http://eca.state.gov/progra...