It is a historical journey. I don´t know about anyone in modern times who have done a journey like this. And I don´t know about any film maker who both have had the experience of doing hard journeys like this and who also have the knowledge needed to do a profound, fair and bridge building documentary about this amazing country.
Through this documentary I want to try to explain, in a simple easy way, the world of the Arabs, Islam, Muslims and the Middle East. There's no better place in the Middle east to do this than the oldest Arab country of them all, Yemen.
This I will do by crossing this geographically rich country from West to East by meeting ordinary Yemenis and documenting their daily lives. I can say, after having spent half a year in this extra ordinary country 2009 plus that I have spent the last 25 years visiting more than 120 countries, that Yemen is one of the most fantastic countries on earth, both visually and challenging. And with the most passionate people I have ever come across. I also want this fact to become known to the rest of the world!
It will be a positive, educating, culturally bridge building, raw, simple and inspiring documentary which will make us all more open, understanding, and lively and integrated!
I have spent the last 3 years building up contacts and knowledge about this enthralling part of the world. It will be my fourth documentary for Swedish TV which has caught the viewing attention of 1/3rd of the Swedes. I also have a global reputation as a decent explorer who delivers, defying the odds.
- Sakha Shaman
- Jemen Dokumentär Under Arbete; Promenad tillbaka till Gamla Stan i Sanaa efter självmordsdådet
- Yemen Documentary In Progress; Kalashnikov and Hussein Shabala
- Yemen Documentary In Progress; Mohammed on why it is so hard to get into Yemen
- Yemen Documentary In Progress; Hundreds of AK 47;s and other weapons changing owners
- Yemen Documentary In Progess; Problems being hungry and a film maker
- Yemen Dokumentär Under Arbete
- Yemen Documentary In Progress; Bedu Singing at Wedding
- Yemen Documentary In Progress; Kensington and me chilling out with music
- Yemen Documentary In Progress; Praising the Bedus whilst walking
- Yemen Documentary In Progress; Bedu Wedding where I become the centre of attention
- Yemen Documentary In Progress; Walking with Kensington
View all30+ items
- Minus 70 degrees F
- Extreme cold travel; Travelling with the reindeer people in below 50 minus in Siberia
- Extreme cold; Explorer Mikael Strandberg traveling with reindeer testing Termo Original
- The souk of Sanaa, Yemen
- Expedition Kolyma, meeting people
- Zyryanka, Kolyma, Siberia Expedition Kolyma
- Expedition Kolyma, the beginning
- The Kolyma Expedition
- Press conference Bab Al Yemen 22/12/11
- The last stretch on the Kolyma Expedition
- Ambartjik Bay
View all30+ items