Since this isn't a master or even an early-gen recording, analog a/v imperfections are present. Well, they're more than present; they're fucking everywhere, but I've made no alterations to the source, aside from encoding without interlacing.
Live from the Pier, once located in the Village Subway in the legendary and now sadly abandoned Raleigh Underground. Less than two months earlier the band released their first EP, CHRONIC TOWN (I.R.S. Records, 24 Aug 1982).
This is the earliest known professionally shot video of a live R.E.M. gig.
Stipe - v
Buck - g
Mills - b
Berry - d
Mitch Easter - g on 1,000,000
1. Wolves, Lower (CHRONIC TOWN)
2. Laughing (MURMUR)
3. 1,000,000 (CHRONIC TOWN) - Note: Mitch Easter, who produced CHRONIC TOWN as well as the band's first two LPs, MURMUR and RECKONING (with Don Dixon), joins the band on guitar.
4. Moral Kiosk (MURMUR)
5. Catapult (MURMUR)
6. West of the Fields (MURMUR)
7. Radio Free Europe (MURMUR)
8. Ages of You - Note: Originally intended for CHRONIC TOWN, replaced by "Wolves, Lower" at the request of Miles Copeland.
9. We Walk (MURMUR)
10. Carnival of Sorts (Box Cars) (CHRONIC TOWN)
Source: local cable broadcast from 1982.