Dodson who now reads the Bible faithfully said to Huffington Post
"It's not praying the gay away because it can be lifted,"...... "If you really want to change your life, and just get rid of it, then you can. And that's what I'm doing. I'm not saying I don't have the memories of my past, because I do, and I see it everyday in my mind. But I'm trying to move away from that and become a better person. That's all."
Dodson added that he has always been attracted to the "art of a woman" but that he mistakenly "tried to actually be that instead of being with that," describing his gay days as "dumb."
Antoine every gay man can appreciate the "art of a woman" doesn't mean you are attracted to that art sexually, mentally, or physically enough to be with a woman or that you should be.
"When you get older and you get mature, things in your life change," he said, adding that he would like a wife and children in the future.
Still, Dodson says he is "unashamed of his homosexual past".
"I want people to see my past," he said to the Post. "I want them to see me and see what I was delivered from."
He explains to TMZ reporters, "I could care less about the fame and fortune, I've giving all that up to know the true history of the bible. For I am the True Chosen Hebrew Israelite descendant of Judah."
FYI -- the Hebrew Israelites (also known as the Black Israelites) believe they are the descendants of the ancient Israelites ... but they don't consider themselves as "Jewish." They also believe that Satan exists.
As for Dodson, he explains, "As True Israel I know that there are certain things we just can't do. And I totally understand that now. I don't need a Mercedes Benz, I don't need a big house in Beverly Hills all I need is the Most High and my family (Israel). I have been awaken by the great and so should you."
He concludes, "Hate me if you must, bash me if you must, I won't break, do what you will, for this is my calling."
Man this media who__ this unbelievable he is honestly in my opinion wanting attention and this is only because Jason Collins come out and since his star is fading he is trying to piggyback on that. For him to use the bible as justifying why he turning "Straight" is appalling. You are who you are Antione sorry gurl. Of course some in the gay community want him to be straight so he isn't apart of our community at all. Let me for one say that he is not a good representation of a gay black man.
Quote from a LGBT Minister Dr. Raymont Anderson
" As a minister, I renounce the ideas that people like Antoine promote as they misrepresent the bible, Christianity, etc. Where to begin... being a member of the LGBT community is something you are born into not something you choose to be. And yes there are people who do choose to pretend or experiment with being gay just like I know people who claim to be Hispanic when in fact they are not, they think it's cool to claim the heritage though... Also this idea that the bible is against homosexuality is also erroneous as well as misrepresented. If you are going to condemn homosexuals based upon the bible then you should just as ardently condemn those who eat pork, shrimp, have tattoos, and piercings among others! So much I could say about this.. however I will simply say that it seems to me that this young man is confused, misinformed, and possibly seeking media attention to fan the flames of 'stardom' ..."
Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/05/...
Visit the TMZ Store: http://tmzstore.com
News from news sources TMZ and Huffington Post
- Justin's HIV Journal: Justin talks about Raw Sex, Roulette Parties, HIV/AIDS and BDSM
- Justin's HIV Journal: Justin on The Guys At Brunch Show talking about Living with HIV AIDS
- Justin's HIV Journal: Antoine Dodson Renounces Homosexuality (Justin's Reply)
- Justin's HIV Journal: "Little Feet, Big Steps" A children's AIDS Walk book
- Justin's HIV Journal: First Lady Michelle Obama Speaks to the USDA
- Justins HIV Journal: Justin shows you, How To Put On A Condom
- Justin's HIV Journal: HIV Stigma & The Biohazard Tattoo
- Justin's HIV Journal: Supreme Court Prop 8 and DOMA Rally
- Majority of Newly diagnosed HIV cases in Philadelphia already have AIDS
- Justin's HIV Journal: False Study showed 28% of South African School Girls are HIV positive
- Justin's HIV Journal: Lifting Ban on HIV Organ Donating
- Justin's HIV Journal: HIV Blogger Only 1 Year Older Than AIDS Discovery
View all100+ items
- Justin's HIV Journal I have HIV First Entry
- Justin's HIV Journal: A Pozitive Union Justin B Smith & Philip B Terry Elope
- Justin's HIV Journal Barebacking
- Justin's HIV Journal: National Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day 2011; Gene Anthony Ray
- Justin's HIV Journal Pop Singer Faces HIV Charges
- Justin's HIV Journal: Magic Johnson STILL has HIV
- Justin's HIV Journal: Complera The New HIV Med and Rosacea Diagnosis
- Justin on HIV Medication WEEK 1
- Justin's HIV Journal A Mother's Love for her HIV + son
- Justin Goes to the Protest on Proposition 8 Washington DC
- Justin's HIV Journal Justin Tries To Quit Smoking
View all100+ items