In this Monday's video, Fairewinds investigates a recently released report from Tokyo Electric. Arnie Gundersen discusses TEPCO's latest analysis that, almost two years after the accident, fully substantiates Fairewinds long held position that the explosion at Fukushima Daiichi Unit 3 was the result of a detonation shock wave. Arnie also discusses troubling reports that the Nuclear Regulatory Commission has been avoiding the analysis of damage to many nuclear plants' emergency cooling systems (Ultimate Heat Sink) from storm surges, tsunamis or dam failures. The ramifications of both of these issues on old designs and also the AP1000 are also analyzed in depth.
- Great Haste Makes Great Waste at Hanford
- NRC Fails to Enforce its Own Regulations
- NRC: Lapdog or Watchdog? - May 15, 2013
- Nuclear Regulators Stick Their Heads In The Sand
- Unit 3 Fuel Pool Repairs Support 'Detonation' and More Contamination Found in Fish and Tokyo Suburb
- Possible Sabotage at Southern California Nuclear Plant
- Learning Lessons
- Hot Air
- NRC Plays Keep Away...
- Redacted Report Released: Southern California Edison
- Follow the Money
- The Games People Play
View all30+ items