These real-life operations, like many performed by the men and women of the U.S. Coast Guard, largely go unseen by members of the public. While some may get a glimpse of the action, we wanted to give you something more...
Tune in through the end of the year, Dec. 22 through Dec. 31, so you can watch each individual video and vote for your favorite.
Visit www.uscgnews.com, facebook.com/UScoastguard, http://coastguard.dodlive.mil or www.uscgnews.com for more information.
Music: "Air" courtesy of Refracture,
- First rescue
- Coast Guard intercepts smugglers, marijuana
- Boater rescued just before striking bridge
- Boater hoisted from fishing vessel
- Preparing to launch for medevac
- Wings on High: How an air station is always ready
- Sailor rescued 70 Miles east of Kitty Hawk, N.C.
- Two rescued from Gulf of Mexico
- Coast Guard Medevacs Ailing Cargo Ship Crewman
- Anacapa Dry Dock Time-lapse
- Breaking ice on the Penobscot River
- Rescue through the night
View all30+ items
- Coast Guard Top Ten Videos 2012
- Day 1: Mission to Nome
- Day 2: Lifeline
- Day 3: Downed seaplane
- Day 4: I Train So Others May Live
- Day 5: Advanced Helicopter Rescue School
- Day 6: Surf's Up!
- Day 7: Iced Over
- Day 8: Family of Nine, Two Dogs Rescued
- Day 10: HMS Bounty Rescue
- Day 9: Cutter Dallas gunnery exercise
- Top 10 Videos of 2011
- Day 1: North Head cliff rescue
- Day 2: K-9 helicopter familiarity flight
- Day 3: Guiding mariners home
- Day 4: Sea turtles released
- Day 5: Survival training
- Day 6: South Padre Island jetty rescue
- Day 7: Rescue swimmer point of view
- Day 8: Plane ditches into Pacific Ocean
- Day 9: Drug-sub interdiction
- Day 10: Rescue of sailor and his dog at sea