The holiday season is upon us and like every year, it will be busy at work and at home. John and Debbie share their tips to plan a successful end of 2014 with Google Calendar.
In the news
- New Android apps for Gmail and Calendar, slicker with added functionalities. Learn more here: http://goo.gl/F7fwOr
- In Calendar, you will now find a new Suggest feature that gets smarter the more you use it and a new Schedule view that adds photos of and maps to the place you are going.
- In Gmail, a new convenient reply button so you can easily keep the conversation going. Switching between accounts is also now easier and you can use many other email providers like Yahoo! and others inside of Gmail.
Handling the holidays with Google Calendar
- Google Apps like all other software are only tools to run your business better. And if there is a time of the year when you want to make sure your business runs on all cylinders, that is now in the run up to holiday season.
- John and Debbie have some pro-tips to help you run your business smoothly, yes... smooothly....
- Group Calendars will help you keep track of scheduling. A Group Calendar does not show you as busy because it is not tied to one person and any person can have multiple Group Calendars. It is more a way to see when events are scheduled. John and Debbie use this feature to keep track of who is on vacation, and some customers use it to share with external vendors and suppliers. Follow the instructions to set up a Group Calendar. Don't forget to share and give specific permissions to selected people and groups. Once someone has been added to a Group Calendar they can create a new event to share with all others.
Learn more here: http://goo.gl/J1QBZd
- Do not forget to make your business highly visible to the world. Make sure you business information is up to date. register your business with Google (it is free), show your store location and business hours, easily edit your own business page. If you want your business to show on Google Maps, you will need to verify it with your mailing address and follow some quality guidelines.
Visit Google My Business using this link: http://goo.gl/yfYKoF
To learn more about verifying your business, visit this link: http://goo.gl/yfYKoF
This will help you get well set up for the holiday season. As usual, please let us know your tips in the comments below.
Next week, the team is celebrating Thanksgiving so there will be no Apps Show. We take this opportunity to thank all our viewers and fans for their support. Without you, there would be no Apps Show. so THANK YOU!
See you in two weeks and don't forget to subscribe.