Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Sep 22, 2016
You can hardly beat these Homemade Twix candy bars, they are rich, buttery and chocolaty, a thick buttery crust topped with chewy caramel and a thick chocolate layer on top. Simply amazing and quite addictive.
Makes about 18 bars Crust 1/2 cup (113g) butter, room temperature 2 tbsp (30g) sugar 1 1/4 cup (160g) all-purpose flour Pinch of salt Caramel 1 can (14oz -397g) sweetened condensed milk 3 tbsp (45g) butter 1/4 cup (50g) brown sugar 1/2 tsp (3g) salt 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract Chocolate Topping 7 oz (200g) dark or milk chocolate 2 tbsp (28g) butter
1. Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
2. Slightly grease a 8x8 inch (20x20cm) square pan and line with parchment paper, in such a way that some edges overhang to make it easy to lift it up once it's set.
3. Prepare the crust. In a large bowl cream together the butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy.
4. Sift the flour and incorporate into the butter mixture until crumbly and mixture holds together when squeezed.
5. Press into the bottom of the pan using the back of a spoon and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
6. Make the caramel. Place all the ingredients into a saucepan and place over low-medium heat, stirring continuously. Bring to a boil and continue cooking for 5 minutes more stirring continuously. . Pour over the crust and bake for 12 -15 minutes at 350F (180C).Let it cool slightly.
7. Melt the chocolate with butter over bain-marie. Spread melted chocolate on top of the caramel.
8. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.