RAISE YOUR VOICE CAMPAIGN
WHY: Over 300 hundred children are abducted in Southern Sudan each year. As the referendum is fast approaching violence is on the rise and the threat of another civil war is on the horizon should Southern Sudan secede. These children are being robbed of a childhood, as they are victims of abductions, exploitation and trafficking and witnesses to tragic violence.
WHAT: YOU can take a stand and become a voice for these children to advocate for a healthy childhood free of violence and war. 1,000 voices are stronger than one. We are asking you to join the chorus of voices protecting child rights in Southern Sudan by December 1st 2010. As
Mahatma Ghandi said, "Be the change you want to see in the world" and take a stand today!
1. Visit www.childprotectioninternational.org to Click on Take Action
2. Record a short video clip of yourself answering the following questions on your laptop, iphone, camcorder or other device:
a. Why are child rights important?
b. Why is the protection of child rights an urgent issue in Southern Sudan?
c. Ask the US Government to take a stand to protect the rights of children.
d. At the end of your video state that you are an Advocate for Child Rights
3. Not sure how to answer these questions...try something along these lines:
a. Hi my name is __________ from _____________ and I am asking that the
United States Government to take a stand for children in Southern Sudan. The
protection of children in Sudan is an URGENT issue as the referendum is
quickly approaching. With the threat of civil war on the horizon we must act as
to STOP children from being abducted, exploited and trafficked during the
course of this transition.
4. Send your video file to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. You will be notified when your video has joined the chorus of hundreds of other Child
Rights Advocates and has been posted to the CPI YouTube Channel,
• Do you want to do more to protect the rights of children around the world? Contact CPI today to join our team! email@example.com
• Are you feeling generous? Donate to CPI today!