Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Aug 15, 2010
Distance: 124 km / 77 miles Time: June 2010 Camera: Sony HDR-CX300 Source Format: AVCHD, 1920x1080/60i, 24 mbps Editing Software: Corel VideoStudio Pro X3 Music: Agnelli & Nelson - Vegas
This is a drive from northern Toronto (North York) to Casino Rama, a casino and resort located in Orillia, a city of about 30,000 people. Things to note along the way:
- Steeles Avenue West: officially the northern border where Toronto meets the City of Vaughan. The street was recently repaved and is now in great condition.
- Keele Street: a major north-south street.
- Highway 7: A major east-west expressway that passes through northern Toronto suburbs.
- Highway 400 (north): this freeway, which is 2x3 through most of its length, begins in Toronto just south of Highway 401, and goes all the way north up to Parry Sound. It is often congested on weekends as many people use it to reach various cottage and camping destinations in the north.
- Highway 11 (north): this short freeway branches off from Highway 400 to the northeast just north of Barrie and terminates north of Orillia and Lake Simcoe. It is partially signed as part of the Trans-Canada Highway network.
- Highway 12 (Trans-Canada Highway): From Highway 11, we get off onto Highway 12 and drive on a very short stretch of it. This section of the highway is part of the Trans-Canada Highway network.
- Rama Road: this road leads us to Casino Rama, which is a popular casino and resort north of Toronto, on Lake Simcoe.