Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Apr 10, 2012
Seven Basic Points in Considering How to Move Forward with Indigenous Solutions
1. We speak from a place of power - that is a power of spirit. Dr. Henrietta Mann - told students here about 10 years ago - here is what is difference between us and them - we are born spiritual beings - what are we struggling with - it how to be competent human beings. There is no debating about where we come from.
2. Power and Place Produces Personality - our power resides in the landscapes and seascapes of our homes - power and place. "Wisdom Sits In Places"
3. We can dispute that modern mankind's view between nature and culture is disconnected.... we must acknowledge our cultural identity and know that it comes from where we call home.
4. Renewal of the ancient traditions and knowledge and how we can adapt that knowledge to where we are now.
Let's situate Rights of Mother Earth to a spiritual ecology / human communities bound in the knowledge of our place.
Honor the Moral and Ecological Community where we are a PART of it. How we learn from the other life on this planet and learn to live in harmony with the land and our fellow life forms.
5. There is a LOT of Work to do - EVERY ONE has an opportunity to make a contribution.
We recognize our inalienable responsibilities to talk about living well and in relationship to our relatives. We don't talk about resources - we talk about relatives. Restoration of indigenous realism.
The world is not a controlled experiment.
Acknowledgement that indigenous ecological knowledge is valid.
6. We need to commit to Building Systems of Life Enhancement - not just for ourselves but for all of nature.... grasslands, prairies, coastal, mountains, etc. Find opportunities to mover forward and work together.
7. We are People of Place - and this dictates how we express our identity....Dr. Wildcat shares a students comment on Indigenous Philosophy: "we're all the same - we're different."
Our battles are going to continue - but we shouldn't loose the higher ground by sticking to our spiritual grounding.
As we move forward let us not forget our accountablity to those who have come before us.