Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Jul 26, 2015
A hymn with text by Anna Hoppe (1889-1941) and music (Lewis-Town) by William Billings (1746-1800), published in Lutheran Book of Worship (hymn no. 426), Augsburg (1978) and sung by the Chancel Choir of Grace Evangelical Lutheran Church, Rochester, Pennsylvania.
1) O son of God, in Galilee you made the deaf to hear, the mute to speak, the blind to see; O blessed Lord, be near.
2) Oh, listen to the silent prayer of your afflicted ones. Oh, bid them cast on you their care; your grace to them make known.
3) The speechless tongue, the lifeless ear you can restore, O Lord; your "Ephphatha," O savior dear, can instant help afford.
4) Meanwhile to them the list'ning ear of stead fast faith impart, and let your word bring light and cheer to ev'ry troubled heart.
5) Then in your promised happy land each loss will prove a gain; all myst'ries we shall understand, for you will make them plain.