Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Nov 26, 2011
After having collected two of the three parts of the Song of the Hero, going to Eldin Province to get the third part doesn't trigger the sequence that is supposed to take place as you land there. Thus, you are stuck and cannot complete the game.
It is not known what causes this glitch, and as of right now the only solution seems to be to replay the whole game from the beginning.
UPDATE: Thanks to comments made on this video, it's been made clear that this glitch can also occur if you do the Faron part last.
UPDATE 2: I've finally managed to get a save from another person at the exact same point in the story. He only had the Eldin dragon left to meet, just like I did. With my save, the event at Eldin didn't trigger, and I couldn't finish the game. With his save, it works perfectly. I get the event I'm supposed to get, and can finally progress through the game. What did we do differently up to that point? No idea, except that he has done more side quests than me. Somewhere along the way I must have done something to trigger this bug - something he hasn't done - but what that something is I do not know.
UPDATE 3: The cause of the glitch has been found. This is what triggers it and what to do to avoid it, according to Nintendo:
"We have been made aware of the issue that results in being unable to progress in the Song of the Hero quest. If the game has been saved after completing the sequence of events, it will no longer be possible to proceed through the game on that save file. The only options at that point are to either start the game over or to use an earlier save file to continue.
The situation is caused by performing the following sequence of events during the Song of the Hero quest:
1. At the beginning of the quest, go to Lanayru Desert to retrieve the song of the Thunder Dragon.
2. In the Lanayru Mine, speak with Golo the Goron.
3. Complete the Thunder Dragon's event, and receive his song.
4. Before heading to the forest or volcano regions, speak with Golo in the mine again.
5. At this point, the forest and volcano events will no longer occur, making it impossible to continue.
• This issue WILL NOT OCCUR if the Fire and Water Dragon songs have already been collected before collecting the Thunder Dragon's song. Talking to Golo in the Lanayru Caves will also NOT trigger this issue.
• If the game has been saved after completing the sequence of events, it will no longer be possible to proceed through the game on that save file. The only options at that point are to either start the game over or to use an earlier save file to continue"