For best quality play at 720pHD
JUNIPER depicts an unstable world of shifting dissolving landscapes inhabited by big and small cursors.
The cursors sing melodies as they try to navigate through their frantically nebulous world.
Sometimes the big yellow cursor’s friend (big blue cursor) shows up and seems to be happier than he is.
Sometimes when the big yellow cursor meets a small cursor, the small cursor either disappears or pauses with a drone and then just continues along the way.
Sometimes when the big yellow cursor kisses the small red cursor the entire world momentarily disappears in a dream.
J. Booth is a media artist who works in sound and video. His compositions range from generative installations to performances. Some notable past events include (un)Scene Art Show (NYC), Mantis Festival (UK), Aperture Foundation (for Rinko Kawauchi's "Ametsuchi" exhibition) (NYC), Innovation in Music 2015 (UK), Prague Quadrennial – Sound Kitchen (CZ), xCoAx 2015 Festival – Center for Contemporary Arts (Scotland). He has also worked as a coproducer/cowriter with the hip hop group dälek on Ipecac Recordings since 1998. He is a Ph.D candidate in composition at Rutgers University Mason Gross where he studied with Charles Wuorinen.
EXHIBITS / EVENTS / PERFORMANCES:
• Venice Experimental Video And Performance Art Festival 2015, Venice, Italy Audio/Video installation of Juniper
September 4-13, 2015
• Secession 2015, Governors Island, NY, NY Audio/Video installation of Juniper
August 14 – September 20, 2015
• Irish Sound, Science and Technology Convocation (ISSTC 2015), Limerick, Ireland
Audio/Video installation of Juniper August 12-13, 2015
• LandEscape Art Review WebMagazine Publication of Up Down Left Right and Say What Interview
Release date: tba
• ADAADAT (record label), London, UK
16:15 featured on the compilation: Trade & Distribution Alamanac - Volume Four
• xCoAx 2015 – Center for Contemporary Arts, Glasgow, Scotland Audio/Video installation of Up Down Left Right
June 24-27, 2015
• Prague Quadrennial – Sound Kitchen, Prague, CZ Live performance of Up Down Left Right
June 22-23, 2015
• Innovation in Music, Cambridge, UK Conference on future of music and music industry Presentation of paper on my compositional system (the subject of my dissertation)
June 7-9, 2015
• (un)Scene Art Show, NY, NY
Composer of the multimedia installation, Stories from the Nerve Sketchbook in collaboration with Harvestworks International Art Collective.
March 4-8, 2015
• Mantis Festival, Manchester, UK
Live performance of Up Down Left Right March 1, 2015
• The Island, Bristol, UK Fixed media: Say What February 28, 2015
• Electroacoustic Barn Dance, Fredricksburg, V A Fixed media: We Live (version 2)
• Harvestworks Digital Media Arts Center, NY, NY One night viewing of Say What
• Siki Im, Human Machine, NY, NY
Runway show during New York Fashion Week 16:15
• Aperture Foundation, NY, NY
Live performance of Day Time Effect for Rinko Kawauchi's Ametsuchi exhibition September 2013
• Knitting Factory, NY, NY
Live performance of Roman Roman Candle August 2013