You're in the middle of the SAT math section and time is tight. You encounter this problem. Here's how to solve it in less than 30 seconds with the SAT Operating System by Calc-Tech LLC:
Tutorial - Finding the Area of the Base of a Cylinder
1. Launch the SAT operating system
2. Use circles menu to go to general circles. Highlight "Circles."
3. Select "General Circles"
4. Select "Circumference"
5. Type 3
6. Select calculate
7. Use .477 for the radius
8. Select calculate
9. Use home calculator to determine which answer choices are closes to the area of .7148
a. 9/(4π) = .71619
b. The answer is D, 9/(4π)
This is an app for your TI-83+, TI-83+ Silver Edition, TI-84+, or TI-84+ Silver Edition graphing calculator that you use DURING the SAT test. All of the equations you will ever need during the SAT test (mathematics sections) are available to you in a simple, fast, and easy-to-use interface. As you prepare for the SAT, you can use this calculator program to make the SAT math sections easier.
The SAT is a challenging exam. Even if you know all of the equations you will need for this exam, you can still benefit from using this app during the test because all of the equations are pre-programmed into an easy-to-use interface. Just select the function you need, type in the values available in the problem, and the result will be your answer!
Thus, this app can help you on the SAT in three very important ways:
1) You can work through the math problems faster. No flipping back and forth between the beginning of the test booklet and the current problem, no need for taking precious time to remember that formula, and no need to type the equation out. Just plug and chug.
2) You can work through the math problems with greater accuracy. You will not have to worry about typing in the equation incorrectly or using the wrong equation in the first place.
3) Peace of mind. Knowing that you don't have to worry so much about time or about correctly remembering the equations you'll need, you'll give yourself valuable peace of mind and reduce anxiety during the test. Just focus on figuring out the approach to the problem, not trying to make calculations. Let the software do that for you!
Download the trial version to get a flavor of what you can expect in the full version of the software. The trial version gives you 3 functions to try. The full version includes 32 separate functions that help you during the math sections of the SAT.
With the SAT Operating System for TI-83+, TI-83+ Silver Edition, TI-84+, or TI-84+ Silver Edition graphing calculator and just 5 minutes of your time, you can raise your SAT score by over 60 points (on average)! In this video, we show you exactly how to apply the software to solve a REAL SAT math problem. To download the software, please visit: http://calc-tech.com. For more sample problems like this, please visit our YouTube channel (http://youtube.com/calctechllc). If you have any questions, please send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck on the SAT!
Copyright 2009-2013 Calc-Tech LLC.
Calc-Tech's SAT Calculator program provides help the for the SAT test and specifically, the SAT math sections. These SAT example videos are designed to provide help for students with TI-83+, TI-84+, and TI-89 graphing calculators who want to use Calc-Tech's SAT calculator programs during the SAT test. These SAT tutorials provide step-by-step instructions on how to use Calc-Tech's SAT calculator programs to solve real SAT math problems.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners. *SAT is a registered trademark of the College Entrance Examination Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this web site. *PSAT/NMSQT is a registered trademark of the College Entrance Examination Board and National Merit Scholarship Corporation, which were not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this web site.