This video shows an early development version.
Due to a change to a different musician team all music is extremely early.
New features. More details are in our newsletter and on Facebook:
- Mask feature. Wear different masks to change your characters abilities, your weapons, change your surroundings and enemy behaviors.
- Chicken mask: become John Chickenstein and rescued chicks will join forces with their Gatling guns. You can also float slightly down with your feather power and drop big egg grenades.
- 13th Splatterguy mask: turn the fight into a blood carnage with your super charged long range machete. Rage flows early through your body. Knife throwing chick sidekicks.
- Wolf mask: supercharge your weapon power and make the grunts your little pigs. Rage flows early through your body. May have reduced scoring potential, but is easier to play.
- Pig mask: sniffle out secrets like a truffle pig and don't get eaten by the big bad wolves. Your tasty bacon body withstands a few bullet hits. Reduces difficulty in a passive way.
- Japanese "Tengu" demon mask: Jump as high and fast like a Ninja, use a Katana for close range attack and lay fused bombs (use them tactical). Also 3-way shuriken throwing ninja chicks.
Currently we have 5 mask implemented, but we plan to add 4-6 more, like "Vampire Hunter" mask (chain whip in the dictator's castle?), "Gunlord" mask (maybe with his wheel bombs?), "Uncle Sam", "McKraken Nerd mask", "Chainsaw killer mask". The possibilities are endless.
- Rescued chicks can act as sidekicks (depends on the mask). For example they shoot a Gatling gun, throw shurikens and knives. The amount of chicks attached change also their behavior.
- Contra style controls and game play elements such as:
- 8 way aiming
- Aim lock (lock the weapon in a direction to better shoot enemies from above)
- You can hold 2 weapons and switch between them anytime. If you die, you only loose the active one. (adds a nice tactical component) - With holding the lever in direction you can throw grenades further away
- You can drop down from ledges/objects and outmaneuver enemies from above. - Faster pacing
- Weapons like 3-way, scatter particle shotgun, arch grenades and others - Lot's of mini bosses (a little bit boss fest style here and there)
- Spawning run-in enemies in some run'n'gun sequences.
- 1 mid boss per stage
- 2-3 scenario changes per stage - Different characters may have slightly different abilities (like speed/jump height)
- 2 players can co-op/interact with each other, like standing on the shoulders of each other to reach higher places. The score counter is shared for maximum co-op feels.
- Stages are up to 9000 pixel long pixel art drawings (no tiles, just like a huge fighting game background)
If you don't follow us on social medias, you can find some new CRT screen shots and product photos here: http://www.kraut-buster.com
The video was captured from the NEOGEO MVS alpha version and converted to 30fps by blending. The original game is 60hz@224p 4:3 and looks very crisp. The borders where added for technical reasons.