Resolution: optimized for 640 x 360 (16:9 SD)
** Please support my channel by becoming a patron: http://www.patreon.com/crackingthenut...
** Or... how about a Paypal Donation? http://crackingthenutshell.org/donate
Thanks so much for your support! :-)
Welcome to Cracking the Nutshell! In this video, I discuss the nature of time. Summary:
- Newtonian time (absolute time)
- Relativistic Time (Einstein) / The observer
- Time dilation (Special Relativity Theory)
- Muons / cosmic rays (half-life)
- Philosophical Theories of Time: A and B theories (John McTaggart)
- Presentism / Block Time
- "Now" moment and consciousness (awareness of change)
- Determinism and classical physics
- Free will an illusion?
- Is time linear?
- Time as perception of duration, change and ordering of events
- Time an illusion of consciousness?
- Time enabling 3D physical perception of space
- Universe whith no change and no perception
- Individual time, intricately linked to awareness
- Is time more fundamental than space?
- Universe where only patterns of states exist and perception of change, hence time (but no 3D space)
- Fundamental time (quantum of time): Planck time
- Quantum gravity / Quantum universe simulations
- Time fundamental (not emergent)
- Renate Loll
- Time and consciousness
- Is there an objective reality out there?
- Quantum physics / religion / philosophy / spirituality
- Physics and New Age ideas
- Consciousness as taboo (within Physics)
- Brilliant minds in Quantum Physics: Einstein, Bohr, Schrödinger, Heisenberg, Wigner, Bohm, Wheeler, Feynman....
- Time from the Quantum Physics perspective
- Probability distributions
- Observation / Measurement / Retrieval of Information / Collapse of the wavefunction
- Collapse of Determinism
- Fundamental role of observer and "now" moment of time
- Determinism and randomness
- Arrow of time / Entropy / Causality / Deterministic equations of physics
- Second Law of Thermodynamics / Disorder / Time direction
- Is causality fundamental in our universe?
- Free will and determinism
- Consciousness and free will and illusion?
- Schrödinger's equation and determinism
- Non-local reality in the background (computing outside our space-time)
- Flow of information between realities (or dimensions)
- From determinism to randomness? Or is there another option?
- Interaction between quantum world and consciousness / free will
- Double-slit experiments
- Information or knowledge fundamental?
- Experiments that provide evidence of mind-matter interaction (consciousness or free will can influence the outcome of a probabilistic distribution)
- Quantum random number generators
- Helmut Schmidt
- Free will debates
- Purely linear physical causality?
- Non-local realms, nested time / nested realities
- Tom Campbell
- Dogmatic believes within science
- Can the present change the past? Retro-causality (backwards causality)
- Delayed choice quantum eraser
- Nature of time and arrow of time, when causality does not need to be linear nor confined to just our-space time
- Reality linked to observation / Collapse of objective reality
- Linear timeline in our space-time versus branching time-line in probability space
- Retrieval of information (from probability space to our space-time) as key to understanding causality
- Past and future databases / branching timeline
- Reality as probabilistic + free will
- Scientific method and science
- Physics / Metaphysics / Philosophy
References and other suggested videos / info:
Philosophy theories of time:
Renata Loll videos:
Tom Campbell video:
Cracking the Nutshell website: