► Nadia's tips on finding new kitchen design ideas for your remodel
○ Start Easy - Clear your counters - Paint the walls or change your cabinet colors - Get color inspiration from the foods you eat most
○ Fun Ideas - Add history with vintage, antique or just plain old stuff - Give yourself an interesting backsplash - Add colorful window treatments - Try a rug
○ Tuning up your Lighting - Show off your countertops with under-cabinet lighting - Set your own mood with a dinner switch
More Tips: ○ Subtle design changes can mean a lot in your remodel If you are looking to spend a little and are looking for some modest updates to your current kitchen design consider these ideas: change out the hardware on your cabinets, install new lighting, change your throw rugs and curtains and change out your flowers. These can all have a big impact.
○ Try new paint colors ideas or add wall treatments Painting the walls is not too involved but can have a big impact. Using home design software like Homestyler allows you to try literally hundreds of different wall treatments and paint colors without lifting a brush or visiting the paint store.
○ Reface your cabinets for a dramatic change Painting and refacing your cabinets can have a dramatic impact without too much work.
○ Get color ideas from the foods you love Since most people are attracted to the colors that are the same color as the food they like look at a variety of foods as a starting point for choosing your kitchen colors.