Bruthers of Different Muthers (BODM)
This electrifying act incorporates traditional rock with an "NDN" edge. As native musicians and songwriters, the songs the group create are deeply expressive, explosive, and emotion--wrenching, at times incorporating chants and lyrics inspired by their Native grassroots.
Their single "Speakers of Tomorrow" encapsulates their unique sound. A pithy, inspiring sing-along rock tune, it also carries a strong message, posing the question to all generations: "Who'll be the Elders of Tomorrow?" Their second single "How Long" shows their pure rock alternative side as a full sounding melody with deep beats and chromatic vocals.
B.O.D.M would like to Thank all fans, supporters, and all of the Speakers of Tomorrow.
Winners of "Best Rock Album" Aboriginal Peoples Choice Music Awards
Nominated for "Aboriginal Album of the Year" at the 2012 Juno Awards
BODM is: Donovan Mojopin, Killah Green, Leroy Constant, Michel Bruyere
P.O. Box 2522
Winnipeg, MB. R3C 4A7
Office: (204) 772-6500
Toll Free: 1 (888) 892-8915
Fax: 1 (888) 607-9044
Awards & Nominations:
• Best Rock CD - Aboriginal Peoples Choice Music Awards - November of 2011
• Nomination - Aboriginal Album of the Year -- 2012 JUNO AWARDS
Recent Features & Interviews (Since release of their 1st album in September 2011):
- Power 97's Band of the Month for March 2012
- Arbor Live Season 3, Live Television Taping, November 2011
- Interview by Brian Cook on NCI-FM, February 10/12
- Speakers of Tomorrow Album -- Released September 2011
- Single "Speakers of Tomorrow" featured on CD Manitoba Aboriginal Artists Volume 5, 2011