PLEASE use good speakers or headphones to get all the sound FX and musical tracks or else this will look flat.
This is a re-edit of the last post. By reading constructive comments and critiques of the first version, I cut almost one minute out and I certainly think it flows better. Sorry I deleted the old version, didn't want to confuse viewers and waste anyone's time watching the wrong version. Thanks to my good friend Scott Jones at XL Films Ltd. for the great critical comments.
A test short film that was designed to teach myself and three other friends about film making.
Here is what we learned:
1. How to make a 3D Logo
2. A little bit lighting
3. Acting is hard and best left for those who love to do it. (my apologies for my performance).
4. Don't expect a story to be very polished or moving if you wrote it over one night.
5. Rehearse your ass off or else you will waste everyone's time.
6. Automatic Dialogue Replacement (ADR) is a bitch.
7. Foley work is tedious but fun.
8. Audio and Sound design is 50% of the film.
9. You are asking for trouble if you plan to combine Dolly and Jib in one shot...using only two people running the rig. - DON'T DO IT UNLESS YOU GOT AT LEAST FOUR PEOPLE on that rig.
10. Apple SoundTrackPro is a relatively powerful and inexpensive program for what it does.
The intro theme song is a remake of Tommy Hunt's "I Just Don't Know What to Do With Myself" by the White Stripes.
Thanks for watching. I know you got better things to do. All credits at the end. If you are in the Houston or Austin area and would like to volunteer for future projects, email me. We need good actors and production assistants and grips, gaffers, etc.
Camera: Panasonic HVX200
Brevis 35mm adapter
Lowel DV Lighing Kit
MacBook Pro 3.06 ghz Core 2 Duo
Apple Final Cut Pro, Adobe After Effects, Apple Color, Apple Soundtrack Pro, Maxon Cinema 4D, Next Limit RealFlow, Final Draft 7