Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Dec 2, 2011
I decided to try and fix my '02 Durango's fan motor to save some money. I figured the brushes were probably worn and needed to be replaced. Well they were worn, but I couldn't buy replacement brushes so I bought a newer model fan motor and as you will see I replaced them with heavier duty brushes. I had to drill new holes for the brush holders in the PCB. It worked for awhile, but I think one of the wires going to a brush should have been secured better , but it lasted about 4 months. Had it been for better routing/better soldering, it would've probably lasted for years. I also saved about $30, but it was time consuming and unless you really feel like taking your fan apart and have a grinder/welder, you may just want to buy a new one. It was a fun project though.