Uploaded on Jul 27, 2009
Organic chemistry: Amine nomenclature. Nucleophilicity and basicity of amines. Synthesis of amines—through SN2, through lithium aluminum hydride (LAH) reduction of amides or nitriles, through the Gabriel synthesis, or through reductive amination. Overview of LAH reductions—of aldehydes and ketones, of carboxylic acids, of esters, of amides, and of nitriles.
This is a recording of a tutoring session, posted with the students permission.
These videos are offered on a "pay-what-you-like" basis. You can pay for the use of the videos at my website:
For a list of all the available video series, arranged in suggested viewing order, go to my website.
For a playlist containing all the videos in this series, click here:
(1) Primary, secondary, and tertiary amines. Amine nomenclature
(4) Nucleophilicity and basicity of amines
(5) Synthesis of amines through SN2
(6) Lithium aluminum hydride (LAH) reduction of aldehydes and ketones, carboxylic acids, esters. Synthesis of amines through LAH reduction of amides
(7) Synthesis of amines through LAH reduction of nitriles
(8) Gabriel synthesis of amines
(11) Synthesis of amines through reductive amination
tags: education college student students university exam test educational study campus school class
Standard YouTube License