This was one of my favourite performances of the night, after Bernard's solo on this I have a new appreciation for the song, I always liked it and stuff, but it was just WOW, that night, so yea, it was amazing...
It's heartbreaking that these guys are disbanding, but knowing that was the last time I would see them live (unless they do a John Farnhamn farewell---- OH PLEASE BE A FARNSY FAREWELL!!! I Love his annual farewell tour!!!!!), it was a great show to go out on and they continued to prove why they are such a dominant force in Aussie Rock!
R.I.P Powdie, we're gonna miss you....
Ok, so apart from the depressing fact that that was the last time I'll ever see them live, it was a crazy good concert!!
It was amazing, unbelievably incredible!!
The played a great mix of songs - I got to hear most of my favourites so I was stoked =D and the band were right on form with their instruments!
Bernard's voice was incredible, as was his signature 'emu stomp while sensitively embracing the microphone stand' routine =)
Darius and Hoggie shredded their axes to death like crazy wild man child people things (so I don't have a great vocabulary... I'm still greiving... ;) )
J.C was really slapping the bass like a pro- maybe because he is, but it was definitely the most energetic performance I'd ever seen a bassist do that's for sure!
And He and Hoggie, or should I say Merv, or Maude, depending on how many strings you like... yeah, you can see how they're like an old married couple - they were perfectly in sync and kept laughing at each other throughout the night.
And Cogsy was insane!! I forgot how much fun it looked to hit things over and over again, the harder and faster the better... I've decided I need to buy a drum kit and learn to play ASAP, but first, I need to move out of home... *One day... One day**
Oh and Lachlan Doyle was on keys and did an awesome job, I was pretty pumped when Bernard said it was him playing tonight because I'd heard some of his stuff before and knew he was a good jazz pianist so I was pleased it was going to be proper piano lol =D
Yeah, awesome show, really amazing, it's heartbreaking to say goodbye to a band that's been playing longer than I've been breathing, but I'm sure that in spirit, they will never leave....
At least their not completely retiring, Bernard's got a solo record next year, so does Darius... hey here's a great idea- split the cost of production and record a duo record together!! And just for fun, why not get Hoggie, Cogsy and J.C on board too!! It'd be like as if you were a band... And you can call yourself "Powderfinger 2.0: The second generation"!!!
Has a nice ring to it don't you say??
*sigh* A girl can dream....
Anyway, a real class act and here's the setlist..
1. Love your way
2. Lost And Running
3. Burn your name
5. Sail The Wildest Stretch
8. The Metre
9. Like A Dog---------which they played on a little stage behind the mosh pit crowd... it was lovely =D I wish they did their acoustic songs their though, only cause they're my favourites and I had a heaps good view of the little stage =D lol
10. Stumblin'-- after this song Cogsy started with an awesome drum solo, then JC joined, then Hoggie and Darius- it was 2 and a half minutes of instrumental bliss =D =D (Bernard used that as a distraction to get off the little stage)
11. Nobody Sees- Bernard solo with acoustic guitar and harmonica, back on the big stage
12. (The Return Of) The Electric Horseman - Darius on vocals-which was a nice suprise, first time I heard him on lead vocals, I'm pumped he's doing a record now too =D
13. My Happiness-- ironically made me incredibly depressed.. Lol great performance though, everyone was standing up and singing, such a great moment to have in my memory banks =D
15. Capoicity - this song now has me intrigued =D never really 'heard it' til I 'heard it' live...
16. Pick You Up!!!!!!! So glad they played this song!! Love it!!! WOO HOO!!
17. (Baby I've Got You) On My Mind =)
18. These Days
Then they waved goodbye and I held back the tears..
It was an amazing night, Jet was heaps good as the support act, I missed the first one though but they sounded pretty good outside :)
I think it was the best set list I'd ever heard, though if I could change it, I would've added Whatever Makes you happy, Tail and My Kind of Scene- then again, I'd love to hear them all.... I was shocked they didn't play All of the Dreamers and A Fight about money though- but it was still a great show without them!
***I don't own anything of this song, I just turned up at the show and held the camera, but if theres any issue with copywrite and what not, I'll take it down ASAP - its hard to tell really what you can and cant upload, but I figured since it was fan footage it should be ok cause it isnt professional quality or anything**