How to Make Cookies: Easy Cookie Recipes for Halloween
There is no trick to these Halloween baking ideas; it's all treat! Creative kid's chef, baker and author, Cricket Azima for the Betty Crocker kitchens shows how to make wildly wacky Ghoulish and Candy Corn Cookies with your kids that are a sure hit for all ages.
1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix ½ cup butter or margarine, softened 1 egg Neon green food color 1 container (12 oz) Betty Crocker® Whipped fluffy white frosting Betty Crocker® black or white decorating gel Miniature marshmallows Miniature candy-coated chocolate baking bits
1. Heat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, stir cookie mix, butter and egg until soft dough forms. On ungreased cookie sheets, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart.
2. Bake 11 to 14 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
3. Stir enough food color into frosting until desired green color. Frost cooled cookies. Use black or white decorating gel to make "ghoulish" faces on cookies. Use marshmallows and baking bits to decorate.
Makes 2 dozen cookies
Candy Corn Cookies
1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted 1 egg Orange paste food color 2 oz semisweet chocolate, melted, cooled
1. Line 8x4-inch loaf pan with waxed paper, extending paper over sides of pan. In medium bowl, stir cookie mix, butter and egg until soft dough forms.
2. On work surface, place 3/4 cup dough. Knead desired amount of food color into dough until color is uniform. Press dough evenly in bottom of pan.
3. Divide remaining dough in half. On work surface, knead chocolate into one half remaining dough until color is uniform. Press over orange dough in pan, pressing gently to edge of pan. Gently press remaining plain dough into pan on top of chocolate dough. Refrigerate 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until firm.
4. Heat oven to 375°F. Remove dough from pan. Cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Cut each slice into 5 wedges. On ungreased cookie sheet, place wedges 1 inch apart.
5. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until cookies are set and edges are very light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet. Cool completely. Store in tightly covered container.