Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Feb 1, 2018
At Knox, we're committed to creating and nurturing a culture of sustainability.
We believe such a culture includes:
1. Recognition that humans are part of nature and need to live in balance with Earth's ecosystems.
2. Reduced consumption of natural resources to a replenishable rate.
3. Reduced generation of waste to a rate at which the environment can assimilate it.
4. Decision-making that gives equal weight to natural, social, and economic systems.
5. Commitment to place, including conservation and equity in distribution of local resources.
The above definition of Sustainability was crafted in May of 2014, after a campus-wide survey aimed at understanding the priorities of students, staff, and faculty with regard to sustainability issues. Like this definition, the sustainability initiatives at Knox are creative, collaborative, and conscientious.