Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Jul 15, 2009
MALTA: Floriana - Argotti Gardens and The Mall
Floriana is a suburb of the Capital City, Valletta. We've highlighted two gardens: "Argotti Gardens" and "The Mall" We also show a few nearby interesting buildings and the Parish Church.
Argotti Gardens: Built by Don Emmanuel Pinto and in 1741 it was taken over and embellished by Bailiff Ignatius de Argote et Gusman. The Gardens feature many rare trees, plants and arrays of botanic species. Below the Argotti Gardens there's St Philips Garden which features a 3-tier fountain built by GM Pinto in 1751 and was originally placed in the Palace Square, Valletta.
"The Mall": Built by GM Lascaris Gastellian in 1656. It was converted into a public garden in 1805 by Sir Alexandar Ball. The Mall features ponds, trees and several monuments of prominent Maltese personalities. The Gardens feature many rare trees, plants and of botanic species.
We also show some nearby buildings:
THE SARRIA CHURCH: Present church was built and enlarged by GM N. Cottoner in 1676.
THE GRANARIES: Built in the 17th Century and were used for storage of grain. Major festivities are held here.
St Publius Parish Church: Built in mid 1700's. The church was badly damaged during the war and parts of it had to be rebuilt. The beautiful titular statue of St Publius, who was the first Bishop of Malta and was made in 1815.
Robert Sammut Hall: Robert Sammut Hall - a former Wesleyan Church (1883)
Wignacourt Water Tower: Wignacourt Water Tower built in 1615 by GM Alof de Wignacourt
Music "Lil Manwel Cilia" by Manwel Casha from his CD album "Neon"