http://www.autismtreatment.org/ The Autism Treatment Center of America™, founded in 1974 by Samahria Lyte Kaufman and Barry Neil Kaufman, teaches parents a unique autism treatment called The Son-Rise Program®. The Son-Rise Program is a loving, accepting, home based approach that parents use to connect with their children and help them emerge from autism and other developmental disorders. It was awarded the Best Autism Therapy at the AutismOne National Conference.
Meredith was an ABA (Applied Behavioral Analysis) Therapist for eight years when she was first introduced to The Son-Rise Program®. She discovered that working with the loving and accepting attitude of The Son-Rise Program made a huge difference in how the children responded. It also made a huge difference in her life and her own happiness. Meredith shares a story of visiting a child she had previously worked with using ABA. He had always wanted to get away from any interaction. Entering his world using The Son-Rise Program principles, he immediately looked at her, began to attempt to speak and wanted to play with her more.
"This video doesn't begin to describe the amazing changes I have made for myself in the past year and a half. I came to the Son-Rise Program to learn how to teach children, but instead I have been taught so much by them! I came to learn how to help others, but I never realized that this journey would be one of changing and re-creating myself - learning how to love, accept, and want the best for ME and for every single person I meet. I am so thankful for the model of love and authenticity that Bears and Samahria live, do, and thereby teach at the Autism Treatment Center of America!"
~ Meredith Dew
The Son-Rise Program® can change your child's future . . .
• Awarded "Best Autism Therapy" at the AutismOne National Conference
• Allows your child to be your guide
• You are your child's best resource
• Join your child in their world - rather than force
• them to conform to a world they don't understand
The Son-Rise Program Start-Up
The Son-Rise Program Start-Up is a 5-day group training program for parents, relatives and professionals looking to facilitate meaningful progress in their children (ages 18 months through 60 years) challenged by Autism, Autism Spectrum Disorders, Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD), Asperger's Syndrome, High Functioning Autism and other related developmental difficulties.
Exciting, inspiring and diverse presentations by a group of seasoned and dedicated teachers, will deliver to you the autism strategies, expertise, motivation and knowledge honed through years of working with thousands of families and children with Autism Spectrum Disorders. At the end of this course, you will have all the tools necessary to design and implement your own home-based Son-Rise Program, as well as the skills and attitude to impact your child's growth in all areas of learning, communication, development and skill acquisition.
The Son-Rise Program Start-Up is designed to help those with children of varying ages, from 18 months through 60 years, with a wide range of developmental difficulties, most commonly Autism Spectrum Disorders and Pervasive Developmental Disorders.
1. Exciting, inspiring and diverse presentations by a group of seasoned and dedicated teachers, will deliver to you the autism strategies, skills, motivation and knowledge honed through years of working with thousands of families and children with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
2. Dynamic group exercises that spotlight key challenges in working with children
3. Comprehensive video and audio training
4. A powerful slide presentation that demystifies the seemingly randon and confusing behavior of special children
5. Question and answer forums to address critical questions and concerns
6. An opportunity to brainstorm autism strategies and network with other parents, professionals and teachers facing similar challenges
7. An in-depth manual that walks you step by step through all the
key elements of The Son-Rise Program
To arrange for a Free 25-minute call with a Son-Rise Program Family Counselor:
To learn more: http://www.autismtreatmentcenter.org/