Uploaded on Jan 30, 2012
READ THE DESCRIPTION FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT MY OPINION!
THUMBS UP IF YOU AGREE!
i've stated my point of views many times before, and for a long time ago on one my older Youtube channels I actually made a video about the exact same topic, and i still stand by the same points.
Dedicated servers are waay better than Matchmakign here is why.
1. Makes up for a better "local community", around the specific servers
2. No lag, if done correctly
3. You can you choose which server you want to play on, and you can filter the servers, depending on their ping, mods, map rotation, weapon restrictions and etc.
4. Local admins, that can kick and ban hackers immedietly if needed
5. Matchmaking will always favor the host, because he will not have the same delay as the rest of the players will, dedicated servers wont.
6. Matchmaking europeans and americans together is fail, and will never make up for a fair game with good gaming experience.
7. When the game dies out, finding games through matchmaking can take A LONG TIME, with dedicated servers its easy for you to find the servers that actually have players. ( Example, is MW2 ).
8. Dedicated servers are more reliable, because people pay to have a proper host with connections, and with matchmaking a very very old computer with the world slowest internet could actually be a host lol.
ONLY DOWNSIDE TO Dedicated servers, but which can quickly be implemented. You cannot join servers as a group, like matchmaking and the lobby system allows you to.
In my opinion you should be able to join together as a lobby/group and then the group leader should be able to sign the entire group up on a dedicated server, and in case the dedicated server wouldn't have space for all of the people, then it would put the rest of the people in queue, and they would evetually be able to join.
Or as a italked about in the video, you should be able to click one button and a better matchmaking system would find the cloesest and the best server to your location, and auto-connect you to that server.
Standard YouTube License