How to Dougie: http://bit.ly/DOUGIE
The arm wave is a five-count move.
When you do an arm wave in, you'll be starting at your fingertips and working inward towards your body.
1. Start with your right arm extended straight out to your right, palm down, fingers straight.
2. Curl in your fingers, bending at the middle finger joints, or middle knuckles.
3. Curl in your bottom finger joints, or base knuckles. This naturally uncurls the middle knuckles.
4. Tilt down your entire hand, bending at the wrist. When you do this, your base knuckles will naturally uncurl, leaving your hand pointing straight down.
5. For this step, you'll be isolating your elbow. Lift your elbow, which will naturally turn your forearm and unbend your wrist.
6. Lift your shoulder, completing the series.
Practice this series until you have each move down.
To make the whole series more fluid, try incorporating the moves into one long movement, one move at a time. Start by turning the fingers into a single fluid movement, then fingers to wrist, then fingers to elbow, then fingers to shoulder.
Now, try this same series with your other arm. Continue practicing until it becomes one fluid movement.
When your waves are fluid with both arms, try doing two right arm waves followed by two left arm waves.
After you wave your arm in towards your body, you can then wave it back out away from your body. Remember, your shoulder is the force that pushes the rest of the movement out.
The wave out is the reverse of the wave in. Start by dropping your shoulder. Lift your elbow. Tilt down your hand, bending at your wrist. Bend at the base knuckles. Bend at the middle knuckles. Finally, straighten out your fingers.
After practicing this enough times to make it one fluid movement, do the same with your other arm.
Now, do a right arm wave in, a right arm wave out, a left arm wave in, then a left arm wave out.
Arm Wave to Body Wave
After learning the arm wave, you can incorporate it into a combination with the
body wave. Do a right arm wave in, a left arm wave out, a left arm wave in, a right arm wave out, both arms waving in, then a body wave down, ending with a body wave back up.
Music by Btonez of #TeamWest Productions
Read more by visiting our page at: