Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Uploaded on Apr 25, 2010
A 12-year-old Long Island girl saved her best friend's life as she choked on a piece of gum -- with a little help from SpongeBob Square Pants. Seventh-graders Allyson Golden and Miriam Starobin had just finished practicing songs in a music class Tuesday at Long Beach Middle School when teacher Sanford Mauskopf said something funny. The two friends laughed so hard they toppled off their chairs. "I was chewing gum, which I shouldn't," Allyson said yesterday. "I was laughing hysteri cally and suddenly I real ized I'm not laughing any more. I can't breathe. Then Miriam goes, 'Ally, are you choking?'